Feb 5, 2019

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page

3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"I had downloaded the ebook on my iPad, but it wasn't the same as holding a paper copy.

It was never the same." Kindle loc. 13%*


*Quote comes from the eARC, therefore it and its location are not final. 










TITLE: Storm and Fury
AUTHOR: Jennifer L. Armentrout
PUBLISHER: Inkyard Press
GENRE: Paranormal YA
RELEASE DATE: June 11, 2019 



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. 


This week's topic is: Upcoming Releases I’m On the Fence About
 
 
*in no particular order
10. IN THE WOODS by Carrie Jones & Seven E. Wedel--this one sounds intriguing! I love a good eerie mystery, yet I feel some unknown hesitation...which will be a common theme with most of these books!
9. THE CERULEAN by Amy Ewing--this sounds interesting, but I was thrown off her first series. Though I have a copy of this and I totally plan to read it at some point!
8. IN ANOTHER LIFE by C.C. Hunter--I loved C.C.'s paranormal reads! This one is contemporary of sorts, but has something of a mystery going on. Really on the fence with it, but also kinda curious!


7. THE DEVOURING GRAY by Christine Lynn Herman--likely going to give this one a try, but still feel some hesitation. Likely because it's one of those hyped books that has me intrigued and yet hesitant!
6. MISSING, PRESUMED DEAD by Emma Berquist--I love a good ghost story, yet when you want to thrown in a living person falling in love with a ghost, well that makes me hesitant. Even one of my most beloved series went that route and it still left me feeling uneasy, I mean there's usually only one way for a ghost and a live human being to "be together."
5. THE KINGDOM by Jess Rothenberg--this one sounds intriguing but androids/robots/animatronics as a main character always has me somewhat hesitant--the word of the day! LOL.


4. NO EXIT by Taylor Adams--this sounds like a creepy mystery! Though I feel hesitant for some reason. I can't quite explain it, perhaps it's the fear that I already have too much on my TBR pile and do I really need to add one that's totally new to me in all sense of the word?
3. LAST OF HER NAME by Jessica Khoury--I would love to read an Anastasia story, but what has me hesitant with this one is the space setting! I don't always do well with space books!
2. THE HUMMINGBIRD DAGGER by Cindy Anstey--this one sounds mysterious but I feel like I am building up improbably expectations. This might be one I wait for reviews to come in to help with the decision making!


1. THE GRACE YEAR by Kim Liggett--I really enjoyed Kim's first book and have 2 others I need to read still. I want to give this one a chance, but at the same time I am feeling like it's not going to be the creepy horror story I am hoping for.




14 comments:

  1. I am on the fence about In Another Life, because I was not blown away by Hunter's last book. Overall, I liked it, but I felt like something was missing. I do like the synopsis for Life though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the Woods does have an eye-catching cover! I'd give it a try.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the excerpt. And I feel the same. Nothing like holding the actual book in your hands. And I love the smell of print books! Great list you shared too!

    My TT from Moses & Mac

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really hope you read The Cerulean soon because I would love to know your thoughts on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, it's hard to add "maybe" books to your TBR when that list is already quite long.

    This is my Top Ten Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I kind of associate Liggett with creepy horror so I'm hoping The Grace Years gets some good reviews. I see quite a few books here I'm curious about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really excited for The Devouring Gray, I hope that if you do try it, you enjoy it (and that I do too!).
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2019/02/05/top-ten-tuesday-197/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have no advice at all, but I hope you love all the books you end up choosing to read. :-)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVED No Exit, so I hope you read that one. :) And In the Woods I love for that cover- so eerie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Hummingbird Dagger looks good but historical mysteries are a hit or miss for me. Makes me a little concerned. I can't wait to read storm and fury. Love the quote and boy is it so true!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No Exit is on my maybe list too, I only heard about it recently but it looks so good!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can vouch for The Cerulean and Last of Her Name being solid reads! And The Grace Year I need more than AIR so... that one is happening for me hah. I felt similarly about The Devouring Gray tbh but now I have an ARC because I have no self-control so we'll see ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A bunch of these are on my TBR! I did DNF The Cerulean though, I just could not get into that one even though I really enjoyed the authors first trilogy.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!