Mar 1, 2019

Book Blogger Hop

This meme is hosted by Billy at Ramblings of a Coffee Addict!
 
 
This week's question is: Have you made the switch from print to e-books? Is either one exclusive? (submitted by Elizabeth @ Silver's Reviews)
 
 
 
MY ANSWER: Yes and no. Have I tried/bought ebooks? Yes. Do I only buy ebooks? Hell no. Trust me. I know all the benefits to having ebooks vs real books, but I'm a real book reader. I find I take longer to read an ebook than a real book, why I have no clue. I just do. 
 
Generally my ebook reading comes down to two reasons, one is that is how I get ARCs 90% of the time and two is that some of the books that are self-pub or indie pub are a lot easier to get as an ebook. Although, I will usually buy at least the first book as a real one just to have on my shelves to represent it in "real time" and I will buy the rest of the series in their ebook fashion, but I have the tendency to forget about them a lot because they are not glaring at my face each and every day like my physical TBR pile does! LOL!
 
 
 
 
 
 
  

6 comments:

  1. I'm like you, I prefer reading a real book. Ebooks are more convenient, yes, but I just can't do it. Never bought an ebook and probably never will, I like having a pretty bookcase too much.

    Emily @ Emily's Crammed Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have it different: I read e-books much faster then printed, but who cares; still loving a a big brick in my hand sometimes.

    https://julietyuk.blogspot.com/2019/03/march-1-friday-in-memes-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a downside to ebooks... Out of sight and out of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's very interesting, I find that I take a lot longer to read the actual physical copy of a book than the e-book version. But you're right, if I don't have the physical copy of the book in front of me chances are that I might forget that even have the book at all. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. :)

    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT answer...all of it makes sense.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, I've lost ebooks on my reader too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!