Mar 5, 2019

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page

3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.


Prepare for ultimate shock factor!!


"I pull the door down and see a blur just before I hear a rattling hiss. Instinct makes me jump back before the snake strikes. I take several fast, stumbling steps away; snakes can reach almost their full body length, and this one misses me by a few inches, retracts, and begins to slither angrily into a knot inside the box.

A snake. In my mailbox." Kindle loc. 9%*


*Quote comes from the eARC, therefore it and its location are not final.






TITLE: Wolfhunter River
AUTHOR: Rachel Caine
PUBLISHER: Thomas & Mercer
GENRE: Thriller/Mystery

RELEASE DATE: April 23, 2019




Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.


This week's topic is: Characters I’d Like To Switch Places With (submitted by Sara @ A Gingerly Review)


*in no particular order


ADULT PICKS:
 
10. ELENA (WOMEN OF THE OTHERWORLD)--Elena was one of my first "adult" heroines that I read about! I loved her! She was amazing! Plus being able to shift into a werewolf sounds pretty awesome!
9. CAT (NIGHT HUNTRESS)--and of course I have to have Cat on my list! She was freaking awesome!! Hunting vampires, dating vampires, then...you know! Lol.
8. CATALIA (KINGMAKER CHRONICLES)--I've only read the first book of the trilogy and plan to read the rest someday soon, but Catalia was freaking amazing as well! I loved her attitude towards life and whatnot, sure she might have had some sarcasm, but so do I!

7. VERITAS (NIGHT REBEL)--okay, I still need to read this one, and honestly it's been bumped down a smidge since the sequel has been pushed back but I can honestly say I'd want to trade places with Veritas for a day...Ian being a primary reason! LOL!


THE SORTA KINDA NEW ADULT PICK:

6. FEYRE (A COURT OF THORNS AND ROSES)--okay this choice has EVERYTHING to do with Rhysand! I mean come on! The guy is pretty freaking perfect when it comes to be the diligent romantic partner!


YA PICKS:

5. AUDREY ROSE (STALKING JACK THE RIPPER)--Audrey Rose is a pretty amazing character too! I love how smart she is and just her overall character. And yeah...Thomas Cresswell plays a part in this decision too! LOL!
4. KATY (LUX)--gotta love a fellow bookworm! Plus a blogger on top of it!
3. TELLA (CARAVAL)--I am pretty sure Tella just might be my favorite of the sisters, though I still adore Scarlett! I just really enjoyed Tella's fire! She's a riot!
 
 
2. JESSICA ( DEN OF SHADOWS)--same name, same (desired) occupation, same love [eventually] of vampires. Yes, I'd TOTALLY trade places with Jessica! This was my first vampire book and where I first fell in love with vampires, so Aubrey has a very special place in my heart!
 
 
THE FAN GIRL PICK:
 
1. BELLE (BEAUTY AND THE BEAST)--she gets a LIBRARY and a prince! A LIBRARY!
 
 
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I think I would switch places with Feyre so I could have Rhysand for myself as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feyre has been on several lists this week!

    My Top Ten Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be terrified if I ended up as characters in any of the books you chose. Well, I might be okay with Beauty and the Beast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would swap with Belle too! Tella is my favourite of the Caraval sisters as well, but I decided I'd like to swap with Scarlett simply because of her magical dress.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2019/03/05/top-ten-tuesday-201/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scary snake! Great choices to switch places!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good teaser! I'd definitely keep reading. And Belle would be one of my picks too. My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! I definitely considered choosing Feyre for the same reason!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh what a quote! Yikes nasty snake!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!