May 7, 2019

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page

3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



So today's teaser is mid conversation between our hero, Asher and his grandmother who he's on his way to visit!

"'Then how can you be here in thirty minutes? You aren't speeding now, are you?'

'No. Not at all.' I let my food off the accelerator and tried not to let the falling speedometer bum me out." Kindle loc. 5%*


*Quote comes from the eARC, therefore it and its location are not final.










TITLE: Heart of the Lion
AUTHOR: Alyssa Rose Ivy

PUBLISHER: Self
GENRE: Paranormal New Adult
RELEASE DATE: April 25, 2019






Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.


This week's topic is: Top Ten Characters That Remind Me of Myself


*in no particular order


10. ROSE (Vampire Academy)--Rose had that snarky, sass that I find in myself as well! Though I wish I had the strength she does!
9. JESSICA (Demon in My View)--the name only being apart of it! This is the book I read that got me hooked on vampires and wanting to write my own. So Jessica was everything I wanted to be!
8. JESSIE (13 to Life)--another coincidence on the name! Lol. Jessie was your sort of average girl with a little bite to her! I definitely got along well with her!


7. MARY ANN (Twisted)--yup, I'll never tire of bringing this series to the forefront! Lol. Mary Ann was a book smart, by the rules kind of girl. But she was also brave and willing to help her friends out with the impossible. While I am not book smart, I am kind of a ruler follower--I had my mom call me out of school to go see Harry Potter instead of skipping! Lol.
6. YELENA (Poison Study)--Yelena was another heroine who was brave with a little bit of snark and willing to do what it takes. While I can't say I'm as brave or strong, but I am willing to do whatever it takes to help friends in need!
5. MERIT (Some Girls Bite)--my favorite snarky vampire girl! I totally jazz with her! Plus after visiting Chicago hot-spots, I love a lot of the same food now too!


4. EMME (Sealed with a Curse)--Celia may have been the heroine here, but I resonated more with Emme, the youngest sister. We've the whole youngest sister thing going on and she was also a quite, shy sort...which I totally am at first with new people!
3. TELLA (Legendary)--that being said, once I get to know people better, I'm totally a Tella and am probably more bold and daring! Though not super daring...I am still a bit of an Emme at heart! Lol.
2. KATY (Obsidian)--us bloggers have to stick together! Not only do we have that in common, we both aren't afraid to dump food on a guy's head after he was a jerk. Of course in my situation, he was really being a jerk and I dropped my gum in his shaggy hair...just moments before the bell rang! Lol!!!


1. KATE (No Good Title Yet)--lol, yeah, I am still fiddling with my own novel and I will say that I made my first heroine much like myself. I gave her some of my snark and attitude towards certain things. We'd totally be besties...though we still have a few differences and she does things I don't care for! Lol.







7 comments:

  1. It's cool that some of the characters on your list share your name, too!

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard so many good things about Legendary.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Tella but I definitely think she's a lot more daring than I am!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2019/05/07/top-ten-tuesday-210/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I chose Katy, too! I don't remember dumping food on someone that ticked me off, though. LOL! I'll be starting Caraval this month. I'm behind and catching up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Intersting list. I wish I had been able to come up with anything, but I could not. Loved Rose and Tella, though I am nothing like them

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I saw the Legendary pic, I totally guessed you'd say Tella. I'm more like Scarlett myself. I like how you included your own character this week. I guess I have a little of my Lila from my book in me, but she's more like my daughter than me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read Vampire Academy at some point! Even though everyone said the movie was bad, it made me super curious for the book!

    And I love Chicago! The idea of vampires runing around there is fun :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!