Aug 7, 2020

Book Blogger Hop

This meme is hosted by Billy at Ramblings of a Coffee Addict!
 
 
 
This week's question is: Do you read books by diverse authors or books with diverse characters (such as LGBT, ethnic minorities, religious minorities, etc)? If yes, do you have any book recommendations? Do you visit indie and/or used bookstores? Also, have you ever worked in any? (submitted by Kristin @ Lukten av Trykksverte)
 
 
MY ANSWER: Well, I feel like these first questions are more in regards to contemporary reads. I've found so few books in the paranormal genre with diverse characters or authors. There have been books where a LGBT character pops up, but they are usually a bestie of the main character.
 
As to authors, I'd honestly have to go through and check. I've read so many books over the years. I have been eyeing A Song of Wraiths and Ruin because it sounds fantastic! Sadly, I haven't seen it on sale anywhere and I need something of a sale to justify buying multiple books every year. But with COVID this year and it has made everyone charge full price for books. 
 
For the third question, I visit indie bookstores on occasion. I've a favorite in a historic district nearby that I love going into. They usually host signings, but again, with COVID that hasn't happened since March of this year.
 
No I have never worked in a bookstore. You'd think I would've, but they were never hiring when I needed a job. :(
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!