Aug 18, 2020

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"I moved swiftly through the darkness. One torch was lit at each end of the long corridor, leaving much of my path in shadow. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed movement and froze. I'd stopped walking, but the sound of cloth brushing against stone continued a good breath or so before falling silent. Someone or something was here." Kindle loc. 11%*



*Quote comes from the eARC therefore it and its location are not final.






TITLE: Kingdom of the Wicked
AUTHOR: Kerri Maniscalco
PUBLISHER: Jimmy Patterson
GENRE: YA Paranormal
RELEASE DATE: October 27, 2020 





Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.


This week's topic is: Top Ten Books that Should be Adapted into Netflix Shows/Movies (submitted by Nushu @ Not A Prima Donna Girl)



*in no particular order



10. NIGHTSTRUCK by Jenna Black--this was a super creepy, super amazing series that I think would make for a great spooky show...and yes, I'm choosing this so I can at least see how the show would end the series in the cancelled book 3!
9. INTERTWINED by Gena Showalter--you're sensing my theme for these first picks aren't you? ;)
8. A BOOK OF SPIRITS AND THIEVES by Morgan Rhodes--yet another amazing series that was cancelled at the last book. I swear publishers are doing this just to crush the souls and break the hearts of readers everywhere! :( But come on, an awesome fantasy series that dwells in fantasyland AND reality at the same time with action and adventure and mystery and romance?! How could you NOT make this into a series...that also gives us a finale! ;)




7. POISON PRINCESS by Kresley Cole--it's unclear what the fate of this series is since I heard something happened to Kresley last year. I haven't heard anything from her since. So naturally, I'm picking this post-apocalyptic story involving tarot cards and the long game! This would make an amazing TV series regardless! (I'm DYING to know how it will end too! :(  )
6. OBSIDIAN by Jennifer L. Armentrout--but honestly I could only see this series playing out on TV if Pepe got to be Daemon...but he might be past the believable age now! Lol.
5. MY SOUL TO TAKE by Rachel Vincent--this was an AWESOME series! A TV series with banshees and demons would be soooooo awesome! Omg, why isn't this a series already?!



4. WOMEN OF THE OTHERWORLD by Kelley Armstrong--yes yes, Bitten was already a TV series on SyFy a few years ago, but I want one that includes the rest of the Women of the Otherworld! One that kind of goes more along with the books instead of where SyFy went.
3. DEAD WITCH WALKING by Kim Harrison--a long time ago, this almost happened, but then it didn't. I still think it would make a great TV series. It's got the right amount of action and supernatural goodness to it! Plus Jenks, so you know it's going to be a laugh riot!
2. SOME GIRLS BITE by Chloe Neill--this was another series that was good on action and humor and of course a teasing romance for books and books! And then you know, Hard Bitten...oh yes, this would be an awesome TV show! If they did it right!



1. FIRST GRAVE ON THE RIGHT by Darynda Jones--this would be an amazing TV series!! I don't know who I'd cast as Charley, it has to be the right woman, but omg, this would be incredible! This was a laugh riot series with a good mystery line, Reyes, and ghosties, and did I mention Reyes?!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!