Dec 29, 2022

Books from the Backlog #11

 

Books from the Backlog is a fun way to feature some of those neglected books sitting on your bookshelf unread.  If you are anything like me, you might be surprised by some of the unread books hiding in your stacks. This meme is hosted by Carole's Random Life in Books!

 

Charlotte Caine isn't called "the Vampire Chef" because she's a member of New York's undead community-she just cooks for them. Her restaurant, Nightlife, is poised to take the top slot in the world of "haute noir" cuisine.

But when a drunk customer causes a scene, a glowing review from the city's top food critic doesn't seem likely-especially when that customer winds up dead on Nightlife's doorstep. Now, with her brother under suspicion for the murder, Charlotte has to re-open her restaurant and clear her brother's name-before they both become dinner.

 

 

 

 

 

I acquired A Taste of the Nightlife by Sarah Zettel from RT 2012! I also acquired its sequel and I still have not read them! They sounded like fun vampire mysteries so I definitely plan to read them at some point! Back then, when someone handed me free books and they were within my genres I didn't say no! Lol! You pay so much for the convention you have to make up for it with as many free books as possible! Plus this one seriously sounded like a good book to read so I will read it one day!

 

 

 

 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!