Dec 18, 2022

Stacking the Shelves--The Birthday Edition

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality.

 

It was a pretty good week this week! I was using up vacation days so I only worked 1 day this week! Lol! My birthday was Friday and I spent a nice portion of the day at home reading, then I bought some JLA books online with only a minor hiccup but all were successfully acquired. Did a little shopping...part Xmas, part shopping for me! Lol! I went out to dinner at a really nice Italian place, had Nothing But Bundts for birthday cake, it was a nice day overall! The only bad part about the week was how quickly the days went by when I was off! Lol. Why does that always have to happen? I think I'm almost done with my Xmas shopping at least! I have to look things over and determine if my little niece and nephew need an extra something and I need to see what all I have for my mom, but I think I'm nearly done like 98-99% done? I just need to see what all I have really...and wrap them all.


Here's what I got this week:

Morrighan by Mary E. Pearson--it finally arrived after massive delays and transits!
Vampires, Hearts, & Other Dead Things by Margie Fuston--I ordered a hardcover copy, did not ask for a USED copy but I clearly got something they acquired in a bargain bin or something as there was a sticky coating over part of the book. I was able to clean it, but the William C. Morris Debut Award sticker is severely mangled so there's no way this is a "new" copy. I commented to Amazon but they have not responded. I might need to push a little more, but wondering if it's worth the hassle.




The Ballad of Never After by Stephanie Garber--SIGNED Fairy Loot edition! The replacement copy came sooner than I anticipated and I was ecstatic to finally get this one!! Love this book so much!

 

Then I ordered a custom OUABH Doll from Pages of the Night! I had really wanted the "vampire dress" Evangeline when she had the "Barbie" head but I kept missing her. So then I ordered her custom style with the new "head" Britnee acquired for her in other Doll forms. I love her like this! Her "vampire dress" was one of my favorite moments of OUABH!

I also picked up one of the new bookmark styles she had to match the print I bought earlier this month...or last month...whenever that was! Lol.


THANK YOU Britnee! She's perfect!


 

Then among my birthday presents were a few bookish things. Gift cards to B&N among them! My family knows me so well! LOL!


My sister got me this tote bag; you can never have too many tote bags for bookish events!


Then my mom got me this cute little decorative step stool. I imagine having it in my library room hopefully soon, lol. It's not really meant to me be used, but I guess if needed to reach a high shelf, I could use it barefoot! I'd stack books on it, but it's too pretty to cover up, so it might just sit tucked into a corner to be seen and admired! :D



And that was it for me this week! What all did you get?









No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!