Jan 2, 2023

2022 End of the Year Survey

It's that time of year again where we reflect back on all that we read! Well, it's 2023 and I realized I never got around to writing this post! We had company over last night so I didn't exactly get my blogging time in, not enough to write this post at least! And then I actually stayed up until midnight! That has to be a first in the last 5 years or so! Lol. Since I haven't seen anyone do this post yet, I've no graphic to display for the year. I'm using some of the headers from previous posts! So let's get to it! This post originated at Jamie The Perpetual Reader.


Reading Stats:

Number of books you read: 62
Number of re-reads: 1 (I KNOW!!!)
Genre you Read the most from: looks like a tie between Fantasy and Thrillers



1. Best Book You Read In 2022?

 

 

Tell me you're surprised!



2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?

 

 

Such high expectations and sadly, this was on the cusp of a DNF as I sort of sped read through half of it.




3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read? 

 

 

Totally did not expect to love this book as much as I did! It was light and fluffy, very surprising, and filled with just the right amount of paranormally goodness!

 

 

 

 

4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And Did They)?

 

 


5. Best series you started in 2022? Best Sequel of 2022? Best Series Ender of 2022?

 

 


 



6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2022?

 

 

Tessonja Odette

 

 

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?

 

 



8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?

 

 


 

 

9. Book You Read In 2022 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?

 

 


 

 

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2022?

 

 

 


11. Most memorable character of 2022?

 

 


 Evangeline and Jacks




12. Most beautifully written book read in 2022?

 

 


 


13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2022?

 

 


 

 


14. Book you can’t believe you waited until 2022 to finally read?

 

 


 

 

15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2022?

 

 


 She tried to take comfort in the books. Stories had always felt as if they were her friends.




16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2022?

 

 


Fangs: 100 pages & A Court of Silver Flames: 769 pages




17. Book That Shocked You The Most?

 

 


 

 

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)

 

 

Jacks & Evangeline of course! Still hanging onto this ship!



19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year?

 

 

Jax & Callyn



20. Favorite Book You Read in 2022 From An Author You’ve Read Previously?

 

 


 

21. Best Book You Read In 2022 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure?

 

 


 

 

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2022?

 

 


 
Varro

 

23. Best 2022 debut you read?

 

 

 

It's her YA debut, so close enough! Lol.

 

 

24. Best World Building/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?

 

 


 

 

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?

 

 


 

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2022?

 

 


 

 

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?

 

 


 

 

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?

 

 

Crushed & revived!

 

 

 

 

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2022?

 

 

Just a fun little gag book that was humorous and unique.

 

 

 

 

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?

 

 

 
 
LOOOVED, looooved, loved, loved this book! But THAT ENDING! I was screaming!! Mainly because I did not have the final book in my hands to continue the story! Lol.

 

 

 

 

 

Yes, I'm skipping the sort of blogging stats section as I am not too happy with my blogging track last year. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't good and I am being constantly reminded of the dying blogging world. But I will remain...because I enjoy it and I am stubborn. I refuse to give up something I enjoy doing that not too many people see anymore. But if you are here reading this I APPRECIATE YOU SOOOO MUCH! 



1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2021 But Will Be Your Number 1 A Priority in 2023?

 

 

I say "a" priority as I am making some upcoming signing books my #1 priorities for right now! 

 

 

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2023 (non-debut)?

 

 


 

 

3. 2023 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?

 

 

After looking at my list, I can't quite see any debuts that I know of on it. I'm sure someone will pop up that I will need to have IMMEDIATELY, lol. But since I can't find one I chose Heather Fawcett. She's not a debut but she's a new-to-me one that I can't wait to read!

 

 

4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2023?

 

 

I CANNOT WAIT!

 

 Haven't read any 2023 books as of now, so nothing to recommend!

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!