Jan 15, 2023

Stacking the Shelves

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality.

 

Well, it was a rough week, but I survived it. Mostly. Somehow came down with a bit of head cold Thursday. Been trying to fight it all weekend long and even with cold medicine it just seems to progress. Friday night I discovered the most discombobulating and unexpected kind of news...there are going to be TWO author signings the SAME night in my city at two DIFFERENT libraries! This naturally sent me into a tizzy because omg, how does this even happen! A local bookstore is hosting both of them so I am trying to see if I can preorder/buy a personalized (maybe)/signed copy from one and attend the other! Luckily, with the newly added author I have all her books signed to date...I just need this one! If only Tahereh could've come on that Friday instead of the Thursday! Sigh...no news on whether the bookstore will take personalizations ahead of time, though since the event was just announced yesterday that could be part of the delay.


But here's what I got this week:

The Fair Isle Trilogy by Tessonja Odette--I went for the hardcover omnibus because I really like these hidden covers that showcase the characters! I'm in the midst of reading the Entangled with Fae series so I thought, eventually I will go back to the beginning where it all began!


Emily Wilde's Encyclopaedia of Faeries by Heather Fawcett--US HC! I forgot I preordered this one and omg, the cover is so pretty, I decided I have to keep it with my FL one as well!
A Little Book About Books edited by Marcus E. Leaver--as I was perusing the bookstore regarding the Tahereh Mafi signing that conflicts with another signing that same night, I stumbled upon this little book and decided I had to have it! I always love reading quotes about books and loving them and reading and all that's bookish!


And finally, I received my Fairy Loot editions of Tricia Levenseller's Daughter of the Pirate King Duology!


Those edges are simply stunning! Hoping I get a good night's sleep after I write this post and can take new pictures today! I had me a lazy day after I ran morning errands.




And that was it for me this week! What all did you get?










No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!