Sep 29, 2020

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

 

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

 

"Something catches my eye.

Three long gouges claw across the windowsill. I frown and run a finger over them, feeling the grooves' sharp edges, the tiny splinters sticking out of the wood. They look like they were made by fingernails. Like someone tried to claw her way out of this place." p. 60-61


 

 

 

 

 

 

TITLE: The Merciless II
AUTHOR: Danielle Vega

PUBLISHER: Razorbill
GENRE: YA Horror
RELEASE DATE: July 5, 2016


Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

 

This week's topic is: Top Ten Recent Favorite Quotes

 

*in no particular order

 

10. A book is always a door.
9. Fear is part of life; all that matters is what we do with it.
8. Because happiness, however short-lived, is always worth it.



 

7. Imagine me. Master of my own universe. I am everything I ever dreamed of.
6. The way writers get to create worlds and people. The way they can manipulate reality.
5. Some things are easier to say in the dark. Sometimes the dark can make you brave.




4. A good book was its own brand of magic.
3. I loved escaping from reality, especially during times of trouble. Stories made everything possible.
2. But when I came across a character I loved in a book, I felt like my soul had been seen--its call answered by the author.




1. Reading was an escape to a different world, a different life. Plus it was very cheap.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!