Sep 11, 2020

Book Blogger Hop

This meme is hosted by Billy at Ramblings of a Coffee Addict!
 
 
This week's question is: Do you read books by authors from outside your country? Any book recommendations? Also, if non-US/UK, could you name one author/book from your country? (submitted by Kristin @ Lukten av Trykksverte)
 
 
 
MY ANSWER: Yes, I do! There are a few UK ones, like Dawn Kurtagich. She wrote The Dead House, And the Trees Crept In, and Teeth in the Mist.
 
My other more common/popular one is Australia! Marianne Curley was actually my first author I read from there, can't forget Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff, and then there's Jodi MacAllister who I still need to read! Marianne wrote my favorite, Old Magic, and the Guardians of Time series which recently turned into a quartet a few years ago and yes, I still need to read that one! We all know what Amie and Jay write and then Jodi McAlister wrote Valentine which is the start of a trilogy, that I still need to start and hopefully can track the rest of the books down after all this time!
 
Kerstin Gier is another one I still need to read, I think she's German? I know it's somewhere in Europe if I remember correctly. I know a few issues readers had with her books was the translation didn't quite mesh well into English. Her series included The Ruby Red trilogy and Dream a Little Dream series.

After all my buying books in languages I can't read, I find myself struggling to remember what books I bought from authors who actually live in some of those countries! Lol!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!