Sep 25, 2020

Book Blogger Hop

This meme is hosted by Billy at Ramblings of a Coffee Addict!
 
 
This week's question is:  Do you have a pet peeve about books? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer)
 
 
 
MY ANSWER: Well, that's kind of hard. In terms of writing techniques, there's lots of little nuisances that might depend on how they're executed. One author might do it in a way that won't bother me and another might drive me crazy with how they do the thing. I'm thinking in terms of character traits or something like that.

One thing I ABSOLUTELY HATE and is a HUGE pet peeve, is cover changes mid-series! That's my #1 no matter the author, the series, or how I felt about the previous cover! It drives me absolutely insane!! Because then in the very end...you basically have to wait until that final book you've waited years for to come out in paperback another year after its hardcover release to even contemplate having a matching set, but then it's not hardcover which makes me sadder. So then I basically end up having mismatching formats with matching covers. Because, yeah...like 90% of the time I end up buying the previous books just to have matching covers...if I love the author of course. Which 95% of the time I do! 

In this scenario, I'm still debating about what to do with Jennifer L. Armentrout's Origin series. LOOOOOVED the original covers, HAAAAATE this new cover look.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!