Sep 3, 2020

Random Thursday

All righty! Who's ready for a new book filled with random and obscure facts? Yes, my posts have turned into reading books to you all! Lol. For the longest time I always came across weird articles that I could break down for you all. Now I just do that with books! This new book is called True Facts That Sound Like Bulls#*t by Shane Carley. As you can imagine, we're going to learn things in here that sound fake but are 100% true! Our first chapter will be about nature!


(image borrowed from The Independent)
People think hippos sweat is pink, but it's actually clear. Hippos also secret hipposudoric acid which is tinted red and it quickly turns a hippo's sweat to a dark pink color that resembles blood. It's been called "blood sweat" and this actually protects a hippo's skin from the sun and harmful bacteria.

FUN FACT: Some think this would mean that a hippo's milk would also be pink, but it's not true.


Interesting. I don't think I've ever really seen a hippo sweat. The ones at the zoo are usually chilling underwater when I see them.




(image borrowed from Wikipedia)
Kangaroos are known to accidentally abandon their babies, only to have them raised by other kangaroos. Sometimes they even voluntarily swap babies.


That's so weird! 



(image borrowed from Wikipedia)
Killer whales have been known to eat deer at times. Mostly in Alaska where deer who like to take a dip in the cold water. Some whales will even regurgitate fish onto the surface of the water to lure in seagulls.


Why is it all the sea animals I like eat the other animals I like? I like to think of nature being the happy place where no one eats each other. Lol.



(image borrowed from The Guardian)
The woolly mammoths were still around at the time of the Great Pyramid being built. The last of the woolly mammoths died about 4,000 years ago at the time of this book, which was 2017.


Dude that's insane.



(image borrowed from CNet)
The T-Rex lived closer to our time than the stegosaurus did.


I always forget about the dinosaurs multiple time periods. 









 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!