Dec 18, 2020

2020 End of the Year Freak Out Tag

 

So I saw in the blogosphere a twist to the Mid Year Book Freak Out Tag! Basically it just goes with the latter half of the year with books read from July to now basically! I still plan to do the big End of the Year Survey later on this month but thought why not do this one too! I saw this 2020 End of the Year Freak Out Tag at Tammy's blog Books, Bones, & Buffy! I borrowed the above image from her too!

 

BEST BOOKS I'VE READ SINCE JULY:

Looking back and books read from July I'd definitely say these two are fighting for the top spot!



BEST SEQUELS I'VE READ SINCE JULY:

Obviously, Defending the Galaxy and Crush are on that list! Crush might make all the lists!

 

 

NEW RELEASES I HAVEN'T READ BUT WANT TO:

A series finale and a series comeback novella...not sure what to call this short story collection from The Folk of the Air series but happy to read it...eventually!

 


BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENTS:

Having loved these authors' previous books having not enjoyed their latest ones killed a piece of me! I just couldn't get into them despite wanting to love them!



BIGGEST SURPRISE:


Naturally the first was a delightful surprise! I kind of expected to love it because it's Kerri Maniscalco! Crush was another obvious delightful surprise because oh wow did this book pack a punch!



FAVORITE NEW AUTHOR:

I didn't read too many new authors this year apparently, but this was a new-to-me author that I dug up in my TBR pile and oh wow were these books good!! Sadly I think I've read them all and can't figure out if he's writing more or not.

 

 

BOOKS THAT MADE ME CRY:

I mean I didn't really realize that Touch of Evil was going to be more prequel like than it was and even knowing the outcome it still had me near tears! All the Tides of Fate is 2021 book, but I read it last month and though I had to skim some parts, I was tearing up in the end!

 

 

BOOKS THAT MADE ME HAPPY:

 I told you you'd see a lot of these two! Lol!


 

MOST ANTICIPATED BOOKS FOR THE FIRST HALF OF 2021: 

A Vow So Bold and Deadly--turns out the eARC I got was a preview. It didn't say that when I downloaded it, so you can imagine my devastation when it ended right when it started! Worst advertising ever!
A Court of Silver Flames--the cover is hideous, but it's what's on the inside that counts!
Covet--I mean, duh!!


 












 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!