Dec 16, 2020

Let's Discuss: Why I'm Not a Good E-Book Reader

 

I feel like there's three kinds of readers. One who like real books and one who like ebooks and one who like audio. Truly, I never could get into audio. And yes, I will admit that there's the fourth reader who likes all or a combination of the three. I read real books and ebooks, but I've found I'm not a good ebook reader.


Why I'm Not a Good E-Book Reader


1. There's no true page, your page is based on your e-reader size and what font you use, what size font, what size line spacing. There's no way to get it to be a true page to what the real book is. I could click 15-20 times and it only be a few pages and not even a full chapter. It drives me nuts not knowing what page I'm on or how many pages there are.

2. You don't know the depth of the story. Without real pages, I can never grasp how long my chapter is or how many pages or left. On top of that, I don't know how far I am in the book or how much is left. Yes, you get percentages telling you this and some convoluted estimation of how much time is in the chapter or book and it's never right! No matter how much it tries to get my reading speed, it's way off based.

3. There's no feeling. I'm holding a tablet/screen not something made of paper. There's no book smell. There's no cheerful swipe of the page. It's not as joyful of an experience for me. I mean, I still read ebooks and such but it's more out of blogging expectations than for personal joy. Don't get me wrong, there are some personal joy titles on my kindle, but I find myself happier reading real books and I tend to read faster too with my real books. Yeah. It's weird. I'm weird.


Do you find your reading speed or habits differ with what type of book you're reading?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!