Dec 27, 2020

Stacking the Shelves


Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality.

 

Well, COVID finally struck our family. My stepsister and her friend came in for the holiday like they do every year. Then one of them tested positive to COVID Tuesday, so I had to work from home the rest of the week. I'm monitoring myself and so far have not had any symptoms. My parents are doing good too. My niece was over Sunday when we made cookies, so my sister taking to caution decided to take her to her doctor, but that can't happen until tomorrow. She's not showing any symptoms either, but since she's still a kid, my sister just wanted to be cautious. If all goes well, we might do our celebration on Tuesday at some point. That's the plan. So Christmas hasn't happened for us yet, which is really weird since this is the first time we've ever had to delay Christmas, other holidays, yes...I think at least, but not Christmas. Other than that bit of a scare, everything has been pretty normal.

Here's what I got this week:

The Lives of Saints by Leigh Bardugo--SIGNED! I decided to treat myself--months and months ago--to a SIGNED set of Leigh's books this year since there's no tour. Plus, with the mega popular authors, this makes life easier! Lol!
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo--the collector's edition SIGNED!


Then on Christmas day, we facetimed my stepsister and exchanged gifts since they were all already under the tree and hers were packed in the car with her. She got me a book from my list:


Disney Maps by Walt Disney Company--I saw this one awhile back and threw it on my list then and there! It's most illustrations but there's some wordage! I thought it just looked too cute, seeing a map of the lands of favorite Disney movies!



Then I got some pre-order goodies in the mail this week--sadly no Owl Crate yet, or the book that was shipped wayyyy back in November! 😭😭


The Grishaverse pencil case with pencils! I just forgot to open it for the picture too!
Sticker & patch!


THANK YOU Fierce Reads!


Wooden bookmark that I got from ordering How the King of Elfhame Learned to Hate Stories! It's definitely wider and thicker than my usual sort...probably just going to be admired on the shelf one day! Lol!


THANK YOU The Novl!


And that was it! I'm hoping for Christmastime on Tuesday, so I should hopefully have a better haul next week! But since I already a copy of The Lives of Saints on my TBR...I really didn't add anything to it! Yay!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!