May 25, 2021

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

 

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

 

"Somehow, my eyes catch a movement that's all too familiar to me--the sight of a silhouette high up against a wall, perched with perfect balance. I see the figure against the massive circuit-breaker board that I'd first seen situated at the entrance to the plaza. Even though I can't make out anything but his outline, I recognize him immediately.

My brother is here." p 114


 

 

 

 

TITLE: Rebel
AUTHOR: Marie Lu

PUBLISHER: Roaring Brook Press
GENRE: YA Dystopian
RELEASE DATE: October 1, 2019



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

 

 This week's topic is: Top Ten Book Quotes that Fit a Bookish Theme

 

*in no particular order

 

10. You can tell a lot about people by the kind of books they owned.--Demitria Lunetta
9. "All books are special, dear."--Mary E. Pearson
8. "Holy borrowing bibliophile, let's book!"--Karen Marie Moning



7. I spent my life folded between the pages of books.--Tahereh Mafi
6. Books had always, always saved me, time and again.--Ann Aguirre
5. I could never get tired of being surrounded by books.--Alyssa Rose Ivy
 
 
 

4. Reading was an escape to a different world, a different life. Plus it was very cheap.--Sasha Laurens
3. I had always loved the happy look of books lining a shelf. Even the smell of books was the most wonderful perfume, that musty-sweet blend of ink and paper.--Jessica Cluess
2. "A book is always a door."--Melissa Albert
 
 



1. I loved escaping from reality, especially during times of trouble. Stories made everything possible.--Kerri Maniscalco




 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!