May 27, 2021

Random Thursday


Let's see what other weird facts that we can learn about space from Shane Carley in True Facts That Sound Like Bull$#*t!

(image borrowed from Wikipedia)

Did you know we can still detect remnants of the big bang? Its echo is still detectable in the cosmic background radiation.


(image borrowed from Wikipedia)

Did you know that Uranus was almost named after King George? The English astronomer who discovered it was going to name it "George" or "Georgium."

Not sure which George, the book didn't say. Figuring one from way back when. Also didn't say why the change to Uranus. I wish for more! Lol.

(image borrowed from The Great Courses Daily)

Did you know that matter makes up less than 5% of the mass and energy of the observable universe? The other 95% is made up of dark matter and dark energy.

Sounds spooky.

(image borrowed from Old Farmer's Almanac)

Did you know that sunspots are areas on the sun that are around 2,000 degrees cooler than than area around it?

That's amazing!

(image borrowed from Space)

Did you know that Saturn's rings are really thin? That even at their thickest point they are just about a kilometer (little more than half a mile) in thickness.

Never would have thought that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!