May 30, 2021

Stacking the Shelves

 

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality.

 

It was another meh week. But at least I've the long weekend to still enjoy! Better yet, our company president decided to give us Tuesday off and I already have this coming Friday taken off, so it's a 2-day work week ahead!! Yay!! Other than that I've just had 2 preliminary interviews this past week. One was two weeks ago and I've already written that one off, but since it was in the same line of work I'm in, I'm not heartbroken over it. This Tuesday I've a "testing" interview where I basically take a few computer tests to see if I make it to the interview round. I hate these kinds of tests though because they're always timed and it makes me nervous and I make stupid little mistakes and all. They're just stressful. Lol. So wish me luck!

 

Here's what I got this week...and I might be doing a little online shopping at B&N, I've gotta check my backlist from 2021 still! Lol.

 

 

My Fairy Loot editions of The Iron Fey Chronicles books 1-4! These are so pretty! I plan to do a few bookstagram shots of them today! We've a family BBQ happening this afternoon, so I plan to use my morning taking pictures!


Then since I finally got some B&N coupons I went to the store and did a bit of shopping:

From Blood and Ash by Jennifer L. Armentrout--yes I still need to read this series! I bought the first two in paperbacks signed, but then I freaked out about breaking the spines when I read them, so I wanted the hardcovers to actually read and had to wait for a coupon to help with their hefty price tag. So yay!
Kingdom of Flesh and Fire by Jennifer L. Armentrout
The Crown of Glided Bones by Jennifer L. Armentrout


I might try to start the first one around my next vacation which it looks like we might be doing a family road trip to my aunt's despite their annual Strawberry Festival being cancelled after they told everyone it was on. I can do a good amount of reading on that drive since I don't have to drive-drive! Lol. Fingers crossed I can arrange this reading wise! Lol.



Then I impulsively bought another set of bookmarks when I was at one B&N! In my defense, the B&N I was at last week did not have these! Lol.



Books Are Just Word Tacos--this one just made me laugh. You know because tacos are awesome and books are awesome with words!
I Just Want to Read My Books and Ignore All of My Adult Problems--truth!


Then about a week ago, Elissa J. Designs one of my favorite bookish jewelry Etsy shops was having a sale and I snatched up two of my most wanted items on my wishlist from her shop:

The bracelet is Kingdom of the Wicked inspired! It even has a smoky purple/gray color among the beads so it's reminiscent of the Fairy Loot edition!
Then I bought a druzy crystal necklace with a star charm. This one is ACOMAF inspired, but I just liked the color and the star! Lol.


And then finally, I succumbed to buying another bookish pop from Pages of the Night! I had a rep code to use and I just couldn't help it, I love this series and wanted a pop from a series other than Caraval! Lol. They're just too cool!

I bought Cleo from The Falling Kingdoms series. I thought back on my love of this series and wanted to have it as a Pop! Now I just need a Magnus to go with her! Plus, I really love this Barbie head! It looks so perfect on so many characters! Luckily she's far from my Scarlett with the same face. Lol. But I neeeeeeeds a Magnus now!! 



And that was it for me! Really, I didn't add anything to the TBR pile as I read The Iron Fey Chronicles already and Jennifer's books were already in my TBR pile, so even steven, right? Lol! What did you get?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!