Apr 18, 2024

Cherry Blossom Book Tag

 

I once again found another fun book tag from Lili Lost in a Book! It looked like fun and I couldn't pass it up! So I borrowed her image you see above. I learned that she saw this tag at Jane @ All She Wrote! Jane created the headers you will see below as well!





To absolutely no one's surprise, I chose a Stephanie Garber book! But you were probably wondering just which one would I choose? Lol! I went with the UK paperback of A Curse for True Love! Honestly, I was fretting between all the UK paperbacks of the trilogy in "Evangeline" fashion! Lol. I briefly considered the B&N OUABH but then remembered all the gorgeous details of the UK covers that I had to go with one of them and I decided the yet to be released ACFTL would be the perfect choice! 




Heh heh. Well, I have to say that the only one recently coming to mind is the romance between Jacks and Evangeline in A Curse for True Love! I just loved it so much because I don't think it was ever in Jacks plan to fall in love and it was seriously just the most touching love story to come about!



 

Well, since you all probably know from me that Stephanie's next book doesn't release until fall, I had to choose an actual "spring" release! Tracy Wolff's Sweet Nightmare releases next month and I am so excited for it! I loved her Crave series and am excited for the continuation of that world with some of the "younger" characters. Younger really by just a year or two, they were all high school students and Grace graduated by the end of the series!




Well it's been a hot couple of years since I read Julie C. Dao's Forest of a Thousand Lanterns but I remembered loving it! It had a Snow White vibe to it but set in Asia. It was a very intriguing story and I loved the fairy tale vibe in a different culture setting! I still have 2 companion books to this one that I need to read. I can't remember if they told different fairy tales or just more of the same fairy tale vibe. But yeah, definitely loved this one!



 

Kim Harrison's Hollows series is my longest running series and is still one of my faves! Troubled with the Curse is the last one I read, I still need to read last year's release before this year's releases in October! I'm aiming to read it soonish but with recent mail woes it just got bumped back a bit! But this series continues to stay fresh after 20 years and I continue to love every moment of it!




Just so every answer isn't Caraval/OUABH related I will go with Jackal (ironically, his name is very close to the one I was going to choose, lol)! He's one of my favorite secondary characters from Julie Kagawa's long ago Blood of Eden trilogy! I had always hoped that he'd get his own book or series but alas that has not happened! I just thought he was such a fun character. He starts off somewhat villainous and you don't really like him but he sticks around and grows into a very different kind of character! His story arc was surprising and I loved every minute of it and I miss the guy!




Oddly, I have to go with my first vampire book, Demon in My View! It's a very short book compared to today's standards, but I absolutely loved this book! I don't think many older YA readers would like it as much now as things were "simpler" back then. Books didn't always have such deeply intricate plotlines. Plus this was a standalone of sorts. It was in a series that was all part of the same world, but you know, different characters and stories each time with the occasional cameo appearance. But I guess the nostalgia and love I have for this book and still do, always make me think fondly of it! I'd totally re-read it right now (after my current read) while I wait for the book I really want in the mail, but alas, this is in storage. 





I'm going to go with Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead! I read this in the year of starting my blog, so 2 years after it released. I was still on a discussion board for a favorite author and some friends recommended it to me. I had stayed away from YA at that time as all it had to offer was contemporary books and I couldn't handle those anymore. But my friends were like no, this book is good. You'll love it. Trust us. So I did and did! Lol. I read the first book and then had to run back to the store and buy the next two as there was only 3 at the time. I say it "surprised" me as I guess I was expecting there to be too much teenage angst. Yes, I know it was YA so there's teen drama in it, in a way, but it wasn't presented at all in the way I thought it would be. So yes, the book that brought me back to YA was one that surprised and delighted me!





With the blogging world being a little quieter these days, I am honestly not sure what is currently on everyone's minds! I feel like Rebecca Yarros' Iron Flame is still a hot topic (lol, no pun intended!)! Especially since the third book was just announced. I still need to read this one but had heard about its cliffhanger's intensity so I decided I would wait until I knew when the third book would release before picking this baby up!



I won't tag anyone again, but if you're wanting to do this one give a go and leave me a link so I can check out your answers! ;)













No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!