Apr 30, 2024

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

 

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

 

"Ozroth was distracted by the energy pouring off of her to care about her mother. To his demon senses, her magic glowed like a small sun in her chest. The witch burned with possibility." p 21


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TITLE: A Witch's Guide to Fake Dating a Demon
AUTHOR: Sarah Hawley

PUBLISHER: Berkley
GENRE: Paranormal Romance
RELEASE DATE: March 7, 2023



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. 


This week's topic is: Top 5 Petty Reasons You've DNF'd a Book


*in no particular order


5. SPEECH--sometimes if a character talks in a certain way, constantly, in a way too repetitive way. It gets on my nerves and I will either reduce the rating or DNF it if it becomes too extreme.
4. SLOW PACE--
if the book is just moving way, way too slowly, I will more than likely just DNF it. If it's taking forever to get to the actual plot, I'm out.
3. TSTL CHARACTERS--
I don't see this too often, but if the hero/heroine is just too stupid to live and making increasingly bad choices, I'm likely to reduce the rating. Possibly DNF or I might fast forward just to see if they get offed! Unlikely if it is first person POV.
2. ARROGANCE--
if the hero/heroine is just too arrogant, I'm likely to DNF it right then and there. Sure, a little boasting or bragging is fine. But if it keeps continuing on, I'm out.
1. REPETITIVENESS--
if something gets constantly repeated I may DNF it, if not, a greatly reduced rating would be happening. I read a book once where a character made the same noise like 3 times on one page and it was something like laughter or hiccups and it just grated on my nerves!



I couldn't think of much for this one, but I am likely to find 5 more things after I read everyone else's posts! Lol.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!