Sep 2, 2022

Book Blogger Hop

 

 
This meme is hosted by Billy at Ramblings of a Coffee Addict!
 
 
 
This week's question is: Is it hard to find new books in local stores? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer



MY ANSWER: Honestly? It just depends. I've walked into Barnes & Noble many times during a book's release week and could not find it on the shelves anywhere and the store inventory checker online says the store has it. I then get a bookseller involved, to usually go in back and check. Other times it's because it's in a totally obscure spot. All those smaller bookcases that are in the middle or tucked into a corner somewhere for NEW paperbacks. Yeah, it's like trying to find the Golden Egg at an Easter Egg Hunt! Lol.

In regards to my Indie stores, it can be challenging if the book isn't by a "popular" author. Many times I've gone in wanting to buy a new release of an author who may not always be on the New Times bestselling list. That then involves either ordering it with the store or just ordering online myself. I've a small list from earlier this year that I still have not bought from.

So yeah...sometimes I can walk right into the store and find that new release in under 5 minutes, other times it can take me longer! It doesn't help that nearly all my B&N's are setup differently. So I have to stop and think of what location I'm at and map out the location in my head! That is probably the most challenging part! Lol.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!