Sep 11, 2022

Stacking the Shelves--The Calmish Before the Storm

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality.


Hey all! How was your week? Mine wasn't too bad. Nothing major really happened. It was pretty quiet. Work continues to steadily pick up and I am a bouncy joy of excitement/nerves as we get closer to next week for the release of The Ballad of Never After! I have lost track of how many copies I've ordered. US wise...that's scary! Lol. I want to say Owl Crate, maybe 3 B&N editions, 1 standard...and then there's the UK ones! I think I've 6 coming...just gotta wait for Forbidden Planet to email me to confirm my address and what not. Wondering if I need to login to my account for that...last year they emailed me...but now I'm wondering. EEK!!


Anyway, here's what I bought this week:


Touch of Evil by C.T. Adams & Cathy Clamp--I never read this series by this author duo, but it sounded interesting enough! I was at a picnic/fair at my parents' new church and they had a book sale as well! I scoured the table long and hard after finding books 1 & 2 of this trilogy, but alas the third one was not there. But since I was there for so long and it was nearing the end of the day on the last day, the books were 2/$1! So that was a deal!
Touch of Madness by C.T. Adams & Cathy Clamp--to add insult to injury I checked two HPB's near me and of course they didn't have it either. So now I gotta look online and likely pay more in shipping than for the book itself! I looked into the ebook too, it's $12! So used book search it is! Lol.


Forging Silver Into Stars by Brigid Kemmerer--Fairy Loot edition! This is such a pretty looking book! I'm in love with the sprayed edges! I was forewarned about this, but sadly, FL decided to stick the signed bookplate in for readers instead of letting them do it themselves, should they choose to do so. One reader posted that theirs was all rumpled even. Luckily, mine didn't get wrinkled, but it would've been nice if they'd let us decide to use it or not.


Cinder by Marissa Meyer--Collector's edition. This was a spur of the moment purchase that I may come to regret when I get this month's credit card bill. But when I learned she was coming to a nearby library on tour later this year, I decided it was time to add this to my collection!


Caraval Boxed Set by Stephanie Garber--after failed trips and searches to find used copies, I just decided to buy this boxed set. When I looked into paying around $8 a copy, plus another $5 or so for shipping...I was better off just buying this one where it came out to like $11 a book plus free shipping in a timely manner!


And the reason for this set was this:



I bought the Caraval dust jacket set from Pages of the Night because they were sooooo pretty!


And then I got my preorder gift for The Ballad of Never After!


It's sooo pretty! Though the paper is a little thinner than the one from last year. But it will be okay! It's currently being flatten as I type this!


THANK YOU Flatiron Books!


Then during Etsy Labor Day sales I bought myself this bracelet from Elissa J Designs!


While the book it was pictured with wasn't a favorite of mine, the bracelet was just so pretty!



Then I did a bad thing after I've already been on a shopping spree this month which will continue next week when the TBONA's start coming in...I went to Target with their Halloween stuff out! I was cruising past the toy aisle when this Squishmallow called out to me with TBONA on the brain:

It's a rosy red fox! My camera lighting isn't doing too good of showing that, but I couldn't help myself. I bought another fox! Eek. I need help! Lol.



And that was it for me this week! So maybe this wasn't as calm as I thought it was because I didn't even show you guys my new Halloween items! Lol. What did you all get?









No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!