Sep 6, 2022

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

 

"A quick glance, and the grime on the fabric might me mud or dirt. But I look closer.

The stains aren't brown, they're a faded rust color, like a bloodstain left too long in the water." p 150


 

 

 

 

 

 

TITLE: That Weekend
AUTHOR: Kara Thomas

PUBLISHER: Delacorte Press
GENRE: YA Mystery
RELEASE DATE: June 29, 2021



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

 

This week's topic is: Top Ten Books I Loved So Much I Needed More Than One Copy

 

*in no particular order
**so I sort of amended this topic a bit as 99% of the ARCs I read, I always buy a finished copy, and the more I read through examples of how to do this, the more I found myself not knowing what to do! Lol. So that's why I altered the topic a bit!


10. THE SHADOW PRINCE by Bree Despain--this one I was lucky enough to get the ARC that had a totally different cover, then I got the HC when it released and naturally bought the paperback when it had a totally new look!
9. INTO THE DIM by Janet B.Taylor--a cancelled series I still cry over! I was lucky to snag this ARC in a trade, bought the HC, then bought the PB when it got a new cover and I had a chance to meet Janet! So you know, I HAD to have it! Lol!
8. DOOMED by Tracy Deebs--this one was simply I was lucky to find the physical ARC which had an AMAZING cover. Then they changed it pre-publication to this boring thing, but I still had to buy the HC because that's what I do.



7. COVET by Tracy Wolff--the first book in the series that started the exclusive editions from all the stores, so yes, I have all three. Then all 4 of Court...and eventually all 4 of Charm!
6. FROM BLOOD AND ASH by Jennifer L. Armentrout--a ridiculous amount of copies for being behind in the seires! HC, PB, FL, TBB, Illumicrate...yup.
5. OBSIDIAN by Jennifer L. Armentrout--I pretty much have every US edition available. 1st print, 2nd print, 3rd print, ebook (bc yes, I started this series as a .99 kindle deal), PB compilation of books 1 & 2, HC compilation of books 1 & 2...I think that's it off the top of my head.




4. POISON STUDY by Maria V. Snyder--I have soooo many copies of this one! And all of her books for that matter! I've got the ARC, two hardcovers, the MM paperback, the trade paperback, a handful of international editions, and YES I plan to buy FL's editions too! Lol. My Snyder bookcase is offically overflowing, but to be fair it's like my first ever bookcase that only has 3 shelves.
3. DEMON IN MY VIEW by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes--this one I have two copies! Lol. I have my original paperback, and then awhile back I found the original hardcover, which is a mass market sized one that I LOVE! And I have them SIGNED!! So yes, I am very happy with these!
2. OLD MAGIC by Marianne Curley--this one I just have the 3 US editions! Original paperback, 1st reprint, and now 2nd reprint!



1. CARAVAL by Stephanie Garber--I might have a few copies of this book too...and every book she's written since. Lol.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!