Sep 7, 2023

Books from the Backlog #47

 

Books from the Backlog is a fun way to feature some of those neglected books sitting on your bookshelf unread.  If you are anything like me, you might be surprised by some of the unread books hiding in your stacks. This is a fun meme hosted by Carole's Random Life in Books!

 

In the future, only one rule will matter: Don't. Ever. Peek. Seventeen-year-old Ari Alexander just broke that rule and saw the last person she expected hovering above her bed -- arrogant Jackson Locke, the most popular boy in her school. She expects instant execution or some kind of freak alien punishment, but instead, Jackson issues a challenge: help him, or everyone on Earth will die. Ari knows she should report him, but everything about Jackson makes her question what she's been taught about his kind. And against her instincts, she's falling for him. But Ari isn't just any girl, and Jackson wants more than her attention. She's a military legacy who's been trained by her father and exposed to war strategies and societal information no one can know--especially an alien spy, like Jackson. Giving Jackson the information he needs will betray her father and her country, but keeping silent will start a war.

 

 

 

 

So I actually ended up adding the entire The Taking trilogy by Melissa West to my TBR in February of 2015! But for any chance of spoilers in the second and third book's blurb I decided to just show the first book, Gravity! I think I had ordered these once again from Book Outlet, or maybe I found one of them at HPB. I feel like they were the "gently" used copies as the ones I have are in really nice condition! Hopefully one day I can cycle back to these, pretty sure they are in the TBR trunk of my TBR collection! Lol.

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!