Sep 26, 2023

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

 

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

 

"The doll's petticoats burn first, then her hair, with an awful popping crackling noise. But even as the pain on her face bubbles, she continues to grin at me like she's the one who's won." p 81


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TITLE: A Taste of Darkness; Come Find Me
AUTHOR:
Multiple; Kathryn Foxfield
PUBLISHER: Scholastic UK
GENRE: YA Horror
RELEASE DATE: September 14, 2023



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. 


This week's topic is: Top Ten Secondary/Minor Characters Who Deserve Their Own Book


*in no particular oder


10. CASSANDRA--for years I had hoped Cass would get her own story, but sadly it never came about. She did get an occasional short story though.
9. MACY--
while the series did shine a lot of light onto the secondary characters, I still couldn't help but want a little more from Macy! That poor girl went through SOO much and by the series end, I still didn't feel like she had a proper ending in her arena.
8. JANCO--
I've always loved this guy and would happily read a book of his own! He's been featured in many a short story though! But as we know, those are too short and never enough! Lol.



7. HEATHER--a massive backstory was hinted at with her and I am dying for the details!
6. LISSA--
though she was Rose's BFF I felt like she had more story to tell.
5. KATIE--
enough said...though there is a novella I need to read still that could give me more, but I can't remember if it was hinted at or not. No spoilers please! lol



4. NINA--she's definitely one I was rooting for in Six of Crows! I still need to read Nikolai's duology which I thought I heard she appears in, but alas, I doubt it will satisfy my need for more of this snarky girl!
3. ELAIN--
I think it's possible SJM might give her a book! It's so open-ended with her lol. But yeah, I felt in tune with her at times in the series so I'm hoping the girl gets her own HEA!
2. EMME--
another younger sister I felt in tune with! Cecy was just about to write her story but then she got an amazing book deal, so I think Emme's story is on hold, but after I read her "prequel" novella, I am slathering for more!




1. JACKAL--nuff said.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!