Sep 17, 2023

Stacking the Shelves

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality


Another week has past. It was another doozie! Work is picking up again and things are a bit chaotic. Hopefully our group will find its groove again soon! Lol. Otherwise it was pretty much normalness. Had unexpected company due to unexpected events this week. Kind of shakes things up and not always in a good way, but we're headed back towards normalcy later today, so that's a good thing! I spent my reading hours on Friday digging in my storage unit again and this time I opened EVERY book box, and my determination paid off! In the 4th to last stack of 5 boxes each, plus a few random ones, I found my book for my signing at the end of the month! I felt triumphant! Yes, I had to go through nearly every last box, but I found it and naturally, the box was not labeled with said author's name, which I suspected when my last visit pretty much proved as much! But omg, I nearly cried happy tears and that I didn't have to check the last 2 boxes of my stack plus another 3 stacks...it was good day!


Here's what I got this week! Didn't do too bad, I even returned one book that I talked myself out of needing, it was basically a duplicate copy. I'm trying to cull down on what authors I collect. Even though I consider myself a somewhat collector of JLA, I'm even trying to cull down on those books too! Try being the operative word, lol!


The Library of Shadows by Rachel Moore
Hemlock Island by Kelley Armstrong--
keeper copy
Hide (Graphic Novel) by Kiersten White, Scott Peterson, Veronica & Andy Fish



Fairy Loot Exclusives of The Study Chronicles

Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
Magic Study by Maria V. Snyder
Fire Study by Maria V. Snyder

Pet peeve, while I do love these editions, I kind of wish that some of the colors and character art could be reversed, like book 1 be Yelena only on red, book 2 be Valek only on blue, and book 3 be both characters with purple. I guess because the original US HC of Poison Study was red, I feel like this one should've been red, or at the very least switch up the character art in the aforementioned pattern. Just for consistency's sake.


Fall of Ruin and Wrath by Jennifer L. Armentrout--Owl Crate edition


Once Upon a Broken Heart by Stephanie Garber--UK Vault edition! You all know I HAD to buy this one! Thankfully it was just a guarantee one design otherwise I would've been more stressed out! Lol! Sadly didn't get to the signed copy edition, but maybe one day I can get it signed. Sadly not this tour either. Oh well!


And that was it for me this week! It was a pretty good week all things considered! What did you all get?











No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!