Dec 28, 2023

Books from the Backlog #63

 

Books from the Backlog is a fun way to feature some of those neglected books sitting on your bookshelf unread.  If you are anything like me, you might be surprised by some of the unread books hiding in your stacks. This meme is hosted by Carole's Random Life in Books!

 

This wildly creative, critically acclaimed retelling of Frankenstein is perfect for fans of Cinder by Marissa Meyer and the Yellow Brick War series by Danielle Page. Now available in paperback.

In an alternative fantasy world where some men are made from clockwork parts and carriages are steam powered, Alasdair Finch, a young mechanic, does the unthinkable after his brother dies: he uses clockwork pieces to bring Oliver back from the dead.

But the resurrection does not go as planned, and Oliver returns more monster than man. Even worse, the novel Frankenstein is published and the townsfolk are determined to find the real-life doctor and his monster. With few places to turn for help, the dangers may ultimately bring the brothers together—or ruin them forever.

 

 

 

I added Mackenzi Lee's This Monstrous Thing to my TBR almost right away...or it was recorded as "want to read" in April of 2015! A sort of spin on Frankenstein during the time Frankenstein gets published! This sounded like an incredible read and yet...I still haven't read it! I had a heck of time trying to get this post up as all the versions I clicked were in Spanish. Guess I should've logged into my Goodreads account! Lol. This one has a steampunk twist as well and overall I just thought it sounded awesome! Plus I love following Mackenzi on social media! Her dog is the absolute cutest too! Lol.

 

 

 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!