Dec 31, 2023

Stacking the Shelves--The Christmas Haul

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality


Hi everyone! I hope everyone had a nice holiday if they were celebrating! I had a pretty good week all things considered as I didn't work at all! Lol. I used up the last of my vacation days in advance to take this last week off and it was super nice to just veg out and chill! I mostly just read my book which was a mammoth SJM tome. I did a little post holiday shopping, but since I wasn't really in the market for anything I didn't buy too much. Even with B&N's holiday sale. Sadly, just about EVERY hardback I wanted to buy wasn't in a single store in my area. So that was a bust. I did order 2 books online that were half off, so that worked out nice! And as you possibly might have saw in my last StS post, I edited to say that my TBTB Secret Santa gift showed up! It came some time after my post went up...which that was midnight and the box arrived before noon, so you know, almost half the day but whatever. Lol. Alisha was very kind to me in my gift and I loved everything that was in it! It's in the post below...which is almost the entirety of my haul this week, but that's cool too! 


From my TBTB Secret Santa I received all these wonderful goodies:

The Camp by Nancy Bush
The Life She Had by K.L. Armstrong
Painted Devils by Margaret Owen
The Return by Rachel Harrison
plus Christmas socks which are ADORABLE! I love the gingerbread prints!!
Mini Reese's trees which were delicious...I had one or two before I went back to Xmas cookies, lol
I received some hand sanitizer and hand cream, plus a little key chain thingy for the sanitizer
and I received the Beauty and the Beast Book Beau! Out of all my book sleeves that I own, I've never had a Book Beau! I initially saw some reviews that led me to believe the newer ones weren't of the same high quality as the original ones before the site went up. I love my Book Bean pillow from them and this sleeve looks a lot better than the one I got in an Owl Crate box so many years ago. Plus the patter is just gorgeous!


THANK YOU AGAIN Alisha!


Then I received my German special edition of Stephanie Garber's Once Upon a Broken Heart from Bucherbuchse! This one is truly gorgeous! I took all the photos, so if you're waiting on a copy and don't want to see the art details, pleases skip on down to the next set of photos. 

Just look at these sprayed ends! They are so pretty! I love the glass window look! I am so glad they changed it from the original AI art concept they were going to use.



The end pages are really pretty too. Though I feel like Evangeline's expression in the top picture looks a little villainous! And if memory serves, I thought Jacks' hair was blue in both of these scenes...that it didn't turn blond until after sunrise when he was no longer almost a vampire. But they're still stunning regardless!



Then my sister got me bookish gifts for Christmas! She had gotten me a B&N gift card for my birthday, so or Christmas I got this:


I had just started seeing these fun book blankets on Amazon and my sister must have too as she picked this one for me! I love it! Definitely adding this to my reading chair...once I get one! Lol.


Then my mom got me the cute little book lover sign! I love the definition it gives! Click on the image and it should get bigger for easier reading!
Then my sister also got me this cute little bag with a Beauty and the Beast print on it too! I'm almost afraid to use it since it's so pretty and and has a white background. I feel like I'm prone to get light colored items dirty...but that's just my weird tics! Lol.

 

Then my mom also got me one of these!

One can never get too many of these at the holidays! Lol.

 



And that was it for me this week! I had a very Merry Christmas indeed! What all did you get this week?










No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!