Dec 24, 2023

Stacking the Shelves--The One Before Christmas

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality


Well it was the week before Christmas and I barely worked! It was wonderful! I took Monday off to have a nice long birthday weekend, then I decided to take Thursday off since we got Friday as our Christmas Eve day off, so I worked 2 days this week! It was great! Lol. Besides that, things weren't crazy, so that was nice and it was just a sort of normal work week. Sadly, I have not received my TBTB Secret Santa exchange gift yet. While I am sadden by this, there's nothing to be done about it just now. Either I was unfortunately unlucky and got someone who didn't fully participate, or possibly the gift was mailed late...my USPS Informed Delivery did tell me that something was being delivered Friday that did not show up, nor did it show up yesterday, so maybe it's that? I don't know. Or the person who had me contacted Jana about not being able to participate and just didn't get back to me in time...I don't know. There's quite a few possibilities here. But I will wait until the 27th to reach out to Jana as instructed and we'll just see what happens. In all the years that I've participated in the Secret Santa exchange--and it's been a lot, since Jamie hosted it all those years ago--this has never happened to me before. I especially could have used some holiday cheer Friday when I was having a rather bad day but since USPS clearly did not have the manpower they said they did on our local news (and the holdup for this one mysterious package was again at the distribution center of no return...the one that held my UK copies of ACFTL for days on end!), I was left to wait and wonder. I mean clearly this LOCAL distribution center was not as staffed as the rest of the USPS teams in the area. Sigh...

 

EDIT: My gift just showed up! We had a Sunday delivery today and it was one of them! Check out my Instagram for an early sneak peek! Otherwise I'll share it in next week's haul post! :D


But anyway, here's what I got this week:


What the River Knows by Isabel Ibanez--Fairy Loot edition

 

 

Then I finally got my A Touch of Magic Designs Fourth Wing order:

I got the Lost Library pin as I always love a good fairy tale book and loved the look of this pin!
and of course I got the Cupcake Pin!



Then my preorder gift for Wish of the Wicked came in:


THANK YOU Bloomsbury YA!



Then I of course had to order from LitJoy Crate's new Stephanie Garber collection!


I bought the two-sided Luckless Coin featuring the Prince of Hearts! It's very nicely encased in this hard plastic card case! I wasn't sure how I would like not actually holding the coin, but the case is really nice and I can't bring myself to pop it out! Lol. So in, it stays!



And then Target finally got these Mini Brands Books back in stock! I kept seeing people posting about them and then finally I was notified that they were back in stock--really it was a few hours after I signed up for notifications! I only bought 2 capsules as I didn't want to fall down another collecting hole and luckily I just made a trade yesterday to get one of the books I really wanted so I was happy about that!

They're really cute! The first page of each book even has the real text on it and everything! Then when you flip through the rest of the book, it's non-descriptive text. I did think it was real at first and just blurry but when I started looking at the rest of them I caught on! Lol. 


And then lastly, while family was in town, we hit a local pub that just so happened to have a fun little holiday pop up with different sellers selling goods! Since I'm not a drinker I enjoyed that bit and found this cute little guy! He was created by Mostly At Night Studio.


It's a cute little crocheted bat! I thought he'd look adorable on my bookshelves...once I get them back...I just need to find a house to live in. Sigh...really could use a winning lotto ticket. Doesn't have to be the whole thing even! Just enough to buy a place outright! Lol. And you know, go back to Disney World! And Disneyland too while I'm at it! I'd love to visit California one of these days!




And that was it for me this week! Hopefully next week I'll have more to share after Santa stops by! ;)

What all did you get this week?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!