Dec 17, 2023

Stacking the Shelves--The Birthday Edition

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality


Well it was another week! And not too bad of one either! Work is getting back to a slower pace, especially with the holiday, we're really getting slow. And it was my birthday yesterday and I had a really good day! Got some nice presents from my parents and my sister. Had some really good bundt cake and went out to lunch at my favorite Italian place...although we did learn the really good bread is only served at "dinner time," so we'll probably go back next month for dinner one night to get that! Lol. But otherwise I can't complain! It was a good day and a decent work week all things considered. Although I did get unsavory news about the Apple Pencil I won...apparently that one only works with the iPad Pro and Air and I had just updated my 9th gen one to a 10th gen as I thought that was an issue. Luckily, the publisher sent a gift receipt so I am in the process of getting it exchanged for the first gen Apple Pencil. Who would've thought Apple would make the new Pencil only for the high-end iPads anyway?


Here's what I got this week:



Cage of Dreams by Rebecca Schaeffer--FL edition! I still need to read the first book but I liked the premise of the first one and since it's a duology, I figured I'd like my copies to match! Lol.
The Ballad of Never After by Stephanie Garber--
FRENCH edition! I didn't mean to buy this one but when I saw that it was going to be a gorgeous sparkly purple color on the naked hardcover, I had to have it! It's really hard to catch it in a picture, but it's that pretty sparkly color that goes from blue to purple when the light hits it just right!


Then I got all of my most recent orders I placed at Pages of the Night! Holy cow did I forget that I treated myself so well! I bought one of her special edition sets of Jacks and Evangeline, I placed a special order during the Black Friday sale since the ones I wanted sold out so quickly, AND I placed a custom order and all of them arrived on my birthday so it was a very, very special treat!

And since I was carefully removing them from their boxes and bubble wrap just before I wrote this post, I just snapped quick pics on my dresser...where you will see I was watching cartoons! Lol. Yes, it was Spongebob...lol!


My Black Friday order consisted of the Taiwan cover of Scarlett since I bought the special DOTM Taiwan of Tella, I HAD to have Scarlett too!
Then I got the Holiday Jacks and Evangeline which was one I suggested to Britnee during her questionnaire about what dolls to see in future drops. I basically just said holiday versions of characters...starting with Caraval and OUABH! Lol. Hopefully next October she can do fun Halloween costume ones!


This was the special edition set of Jacks and Evangeline that Britnee had a preorder for in November! I thought they were just too pretty to pass on! Plus, this was actually bought first before the Black Friday and my custom order which is below! I was very bad this month apparently! Lol.


And finally, here is my custom order of Legend and Tella on their own horses from the Carousel of Roses! You might remember that I snagged her set of Julian and Scarlett on horses as well! I'm planning on taking a group shot of them sometime today...when something else I ordered comes in...unless I need to buy something else. A group shot is coming, let's just say that! But I am in LOVE with how they turned out! I've said it before, but it warrants saying again, Britnee is PHENOMENAL! She's SOOOO incredibly talented and I love her work! 

If you haven't checked out her shop, I strongly urge you to do so!


THANK YOU SO MUCH BRITNEE!



Then a few of my birthday gifts that were bookish or just totally related to my personality were:

Firstly, my birthday card from my parents! I thought it was SO on point I just had to share it! It's rare to actually find a birthday card with books on it without having it custom made!


I got an updated version of the Book Beau Bean Reading Pillow! I had one of their first versions and actually rather liked using it when I read in bed. But then when they changed them up and made it so you could change the covers I thought I'd like to get a new one! So during their Black Friday sale I snagged one and then my mom "bought it" off me so she could give it to me for either birthday or Christmas...which is how it goes sometimes because I am notoriously hard to shop for. But so is everyone in my family! Lol. But I am always surprised as to when I will get it and I honestly did forget I picked this out prior to opening it! Lol.

But I really liked this particular pattern as I used to (and still do somewhat) keep composition notebooks and put stickers all over it! I honestly got the idea from the long ago, Amelia's Notebook stories! I always loved reading the "diary" books and Amelia's was a fun one to read in grade school, so this pattern had a lot of nostalgia for me!


My camera wasn't so cooperative with working with the lighting I had going on in my room, but this is a necklace and bracelet set from Alex and Ani I remember now showing my mom around Halloween when they had a sale going on! It's a cute sparkly bat flying over a crescent moon then a Halloween charm bracelet! There's a spider in a spider web, a black skull, sparkly gems, a skull cameo, and then the bat charm again! I thought they looked like fun! Lol. I just need to get out more so I can get dressed up more. 


Then I forgot to take a picture of it, but my sister got me a B&N gift card (plus a mug with my initial filled with Reese's Peanut Butter trees!). Always happy to get one of those...and the chocolate! Lol.


All in all, I had a pretty good week, a fabulous birthday and got at least one new book to read and another for my Stephanie Garber collection! What all did you get?








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!