Dec 3, 2023

Stacking the Shelves--The ACFTL Edition: Part 6...The Untold Sequel

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality


This was the first full week of work I've had for awhile actually! Lol. Trying to use up vacation days in the final countdown is always tough. But luckily we've a bigger team now so getting some days in hasn't been as hard as it was last year. I will likely only lose a few hours now when I get my last two checks for the year. Really ought to remember how many I get per check, but oh well. Working from home is nice, so if I end up losing some time off it's not a total loss. Work has finally slowed down and will likely remain steady until the next busy season, so that will be nice! Other than that things have been pretty tame! I went to a fun little author event that might finally be a regular thing for my area! It was a YA author event. Sadly, one of the two authors I was going to see cancelled but I still got to see Kendare Blake (again!) and get to tell her how much I love the Buffy books and she even recognized ME from past events! I forgot when she last toured here...I think it was with one of the Three Dark Crown books...and possibly even one before that too! AND I have another signing coming up this week with Renee Ahdieh! I will get to have all the copies of The Beautiful Quartet signed which is always nice for my OCD! Lol.

And uh, yeah, about that title up there...turns out I had a few more copies of ACFTL that I didn't anticipate getting so soon! But this should be the final part now. Until more international editions get published that I have to get for the rest of the sets I started! Lol!

Okay, so literally after I got this post scheduled the missing preorders magically arrived along with other goodies! I had written a whole paragraph about my tears that they did not arrive like usual, but then they appeared...probably the second I hit SCHEDULE! Lol. So this post just got a whole lot happier!

 

Okay, finally...here's what I got:

The Ballad of Never After by Stephanie Garber--sprayed edges from Bookish Signs & More!
A Curse for True Love by Stephanie Garber--
I had bought OUABH awhile back when I saw she had extras and really liked the purple at the time! So I thought why not complete the set? I especially love how TBONA looks!

 

Then I got my Fairy Loot copy of ACFTL!

A Curse for True Love by Stephanie Garber--Fairy Loot edition! I kept seeing all the UK people getting their copies and was dying! I was trying not to look at all the pictures that showed off endpages or the hidden cover as I wanted that to be a surprise for myself at least! Hence, why I only shared the cover and edges! This purple is beyond beautiful though! I am in love with it!


Then I got my Indonesian copy of ACFTL as well! I just got the "standard" set that just came with a few extra goodies! I think a tote bag was another offer, but I have sooo many of those I didn't need another one! I tend to use the same 1 or 2 since they are of excellent quality!

A Curse for True Love by Stephanie Garber--Indonesian edition


it came with a bookmark
a double sided postcard with Jacks & Evangeline
a doubled sided map from the second and third books


Then my preorders for Tuesday finally came! I was shocked that these hadn't arrived as I usually get preorders the week they release and was quite sad that these were supposedly coming later, but THEY ARRIVED!

 

To Kill a Shadow by Katherine Quinn
Coaching Fire by Victoria Laurie--
I STILL need to start this series, but I think I need to read at least 1 more Abby Cooper book (if I recall correctly) to be in the right timeline for this spinoff series! Again, it's likely I don't "have" to do this, but as I said with a previous discussion, this is just what I do! Lol.


And then my November YA Fairy Loot book arrived:

I'll admit, I wasn't too jazzed about this book choice. But since my skips are fairly low and I didn't get around to skipping it in time, I got it. Decided not to share it since I hadn't seen it around yet. I don't tend to share it unless I happen across it before my copy arrives. Lol.



Then my GRAND PRIZE for winning the 3rd Annual An Apple for Jacks Contest came in from Flatiron Books! I had won an Apple Pencil!




THANK YOU SO MUCH Flatiron Books!



Then I got my preoreder gift for The Hunting Moon! I ordered a signed copy from GC Reading and am still waiting for that one to arrive. Luckily, it was a keeper copy so I don't mind the wait!


THANK YOU Tor Teen!





 And that was it for me this week! What all did you get?


 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!