Mar 30, 2012

Friday Hops

This is a weekly blog meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.

Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:
1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts and any one else you want to follow on the list
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!


This week's question is: Do you read one book at a time or do you switch back and forth between two or more?


MY ANSWER: I'm a one book at a time girl! During the school years I had to balance 3-4 school books and one of my own--otherwise I would go crazy without reading something I enjoyed! Having finished school now, yay!, I just read one book at a time! Before I started working pt I would be reading fairly quick, but now my pace is slower. But hey, I get a paycheck now and that means MORE BOOKS!


TGIF is a weekly feature created and hosted by GReads! that re-caps the week’s posts and has different question each week.

This week's question is: Book Blogger Retreat: If you could gather up a handful of book blogger friends to spend a weekend away talking books, where would you go? Tell us about it.

MY ANSWER: Hmm...well my first response can no longer be true, I would've said the humongous Borders store that they had in Michigan, I forgot the term they used for it...complex? No, that doesn't sound right. Anyway, it was just basically a HUGE Borders store! Never did get to go, but I think that would've been fun! We could've commandeered some armchairs and couches and just talked books all day!

I still say that sounds like fun, even though there's no Borders and I have yet to find a Barnes and Noble store I really like, but I would want to be in a like a big bookstore and commandeering the chairs and couches and just vegging out! And then when we were done, probably an hour before closing ;) we'd hit the shelves and buy all the books we needed, likely ones we discussed!!



20 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Hmmm, I'm confused. I was sure I'd visited yours. No comments, though. Maybe they haven't been approved? Either way...HAPPY FRIDAY! :-)
    _yay_:FollowFriday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't commit myself to just one book . . . if I'm not in the mood for dragons and magic today, I'd rather switch gears to space travel or a plague-infested wasteland than allow my mood to taint the read.

    Bob @ Beauty in Ruins

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I like to juggle books! :)


    http://notjustnonsense.blogspot.com/2012/03/ff-feature-and-follow-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one on the night stand, one audiobook in the car for the work commute and one on my iphone for when I get stuck somewhere without a book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha gotta love getting paid to buy more books! But I completely agree. I normally read two books for school while reading one for me just so I don't get too bored! But I don't know if I'd be able to handle more than one normal book! Thanks so much for stopping by my FF :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a one-book kinda girl myself! And I'm missing my Borders too. Barnes and Noble just isn't as good.

    New follower. :)

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's nice too to read one at a time, I do this sometimes but it's really rare.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to read 1 at a time - now I find myself juggling 3 *yikes*

    Tanya
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you are a one book girl, though at that rate, it might take you forever to get around to reading my book The Hunted lol - Happy Friday!
    Old Follower :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, yup, paycheck definitely means more books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, I like the idea of spending a weekend in a huge bookstore. And I see why you want to read one book at a time. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eek! If I included text books I would be up to 8 or 9 total right now :O

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do read more than one book, but not usually more than three. Very moody reader and find I read faster that way. Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is nice to read a book you enjoy instead of one you are required to read. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It depends on my mood..sometimes I can read more then one book at a time but other times I just stick with one :D

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by Jessica!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your answer!! Hope you have a great weekend!

    Kristina
    Ladybug Storytime

    ReplyDelete
  17. I usually stuck with one book at a time as well. :) Thanks for hopping by for FF! I hope you have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for stopping by. I read one book at a time, otherwise I get storylines mixed up.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Work does put a damper on reading, but you're right paychecks rock! Following back.

    Preet @ AWR

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for stopping by! Have a fantastic week :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!