Mar 28, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


As a living descendant of Artemis the Huntress, private investigator Nikki Glass knows how to track someone down. But when an Oracle shows up, warning the descendants about wild dog attacks in Washington D.C., Nikki is afraid it might be a trap. The Olympians believe the “dogs” are jackals, controlled by a blood-crazed descendant of the Egyptian death-god Anubis. Whatever. . . . If Nikki hopes to muzzle Dogboy, she’s got to catch him in the act. But when she stakes out a local cemetery, she ends up face-to-snout with a snarling pack of shadow-jackals whose bite is worse than their bark. These hellhounds are deadly—even for an immortal like Nikki. “Dog” spelled backwards may be “god,” but that won’t stop Nikki from teaching these old gods some new tricks. Like playing dead.


Can't wait to read this one!! Totally loved the first one and how Jenna weaves the Greek mythology into the book!! And Artemis was soooooo my fave goddess when I first learned about them in 7th grade!!


TITLE: Deadly Descendant
AUTHOR: Jenna Black
PUBLISHER:
Pocket Books
GENRE:
Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE:
April 24, 2012


WARNING DO NOT READ AHEAD TO THE COVER DESCRIPTION IF YOU HAVEN'T READ IF I DIE!!!
I died on a Thursday-killed by a monster intent on stealing my soul. The good news? He didn't get it. The bad news? Turns out not even death will get you out of high school...  Covering up her own murder was one thing, but faking life is much harder than Kaylee Cavanaugh expected. After weeks spent "recovering," she's back in school, fighting to stay visible to the human world, struggling to fit in with her friends and planning time alone with her new reaper boyfriend. But to earn her keep in the human world, Kaylee must reclaim stolen souls, and when her first assignment brings her face-to-face with an old foe, she knows the game has changed. Her immortal status won't keep her safe. And this time Kaylee isn't just gambling with her own life....


OOOOohhhh I sooooo wanna read this asap!! I looooove Rachel's books, whether they are YA or adult, her worlds blow me away and her characters are just freaking awesome!


AUTHOR: Rachel Vincent
PUBLISHER:
Harlequin Teen
GENRE:
YA Paranormal
RELEASE DATE:
June 22, 2012



21 comments:

  1. They both sound exciting, but I'm especially drawn to Before I Wake. Enjoy!

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Jenna Black series sounds interesting - might have to check out the first book.

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always great picks! I hope you get to read both soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deadly Descendant sounds great. Need to start Rachel Vincent's series too!
    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your picks! Wednesday's are great for finding new reads, and these are definitely being added to my shelf. Thank you for sharing! :)

    Here's mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/03/waiting-on-wednesday-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah! I love the cover for Deadly Descendant--it looks so awesome! I've never read the previous books in the Soul Screamers series, but they DO look good. Hmm... I might have to check it out sometime...

    Great list! Here's my WoW.

    Meg @ The Book Galaxy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenna Black has some amazing covers. Great haul of books. Come visit me as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Before I Wake. You just killed me. I tried to ignore it, so that I wouldn't obsess over it too much but every once in a while someone brings it up and there I am again, searching for spoilers in Vincent's forum. XD

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still haven't read any Rachel Vincent yet but I have the first few books in the series! Here's my WoW!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/03/waiting-on-wednesday_28.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really looking forward to Before I wake.

    Haven't heard of Deadly Descendant will have to check it out though.

    My WoW@BloodSweatandBooks

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wanted to read the summary of If I Wake so bad but I restrained myself. I've only read the first two books in the series but I'm meaning to get around to the others. Soon! Great picks this week, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love both your picks, and am waiting for them, holding my breath :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    Vanya @ YA Story Teller

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there, thanks for stopping by :) I love your picks and will be adding them to my TBR pile, nice one :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to catch up on the Soul Screamers series. I think I have read the first 3... I can't remember off the top of my head. This one sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't read anything by Vincent yet. I have so much catching up to do. Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I TOTALLY need to read the Soul Screamers books, they look SO fricken good! I just need to break down and read them :D You always pick books I haven't heard of - the top one - that look so good!

    Have a fantastic week Jessica!

    April @ My Shelf Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so damn excited about Before I Wake!!!! I'm also nervous too because someone is supposed to die. I've always wanted to read one of Jenna Black's adult books. I heard their good. Thanks for visiting My WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  18. these covers are to die for.
    the first one seems to have a lot of mythology in it! That's so awesome.
    Thanks for stopping by my WOW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the cover for Before I Wake! I have GOT to finish that series already! :) Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ohh, I really love the look of both of them! Definitely hope they're worth the wait. :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!