May 18, 2012

Friday Hops

This is a weekly blog meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.

Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:
1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts and any one else you want to follow on the list
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!


This week's question is: Summer Break is upon us! What would be the perfect vacation spot for you to catch up on your reading & relax?


MY ANSWER: Oh. Uh...I'm not sure really! Any place will do! As long as the weather is not unbearably hot and humid like it is in St. Louis during the summer. And as long as I have a nice comfy spot, I can pretty much read anywhere!

For the sake of choosing a location, I would say where I'm going next month, Grafton, Wisconsin! It's just outside Cedarburg and I love going there every year!





TGIF is a weekly feature created and hosted by GReads! that re-caps the week’s posts and has different question each week.


This week's question is: A Book Blogger is Born: What made you decide to start your very own book blog?


MY ANSWER: Ha. Ah, that's not a very interesting story! Really it was all because Rachel Vincent had a contest. I think it was for Prey, can't remember which book, but basically if you posted reviews in so many places you would get extra points.

And I wanted that signed book! I believe it was either an ARC or an author copy! Early is always good, no matter how early it is!

So, I looked into blogger and thought, hey, why not have my own blog! That was in 2009. I decided to keep it going, but the blogging community wasn't as big then I guess, because I didn't keep up with my blog as I should have.

But in 2010, I became a better blogger! And really as each year went by, I think I learned more and got a little better each year. My reviews were pretty wild in the beginning and sometimes still are! I can't seem to control my excitement for a book after I read it, but I want to get the review out before I forget all that I wanted to talk about.
So the short answer is because Rachel Vincent had had a contest for her book and I wanted to win it. Even though I didn't, I decided to still keep my blog running! The title even came to me, because I had thought Pride was a GREAT read!!

The review is still there too, but I don't recommend looking at it! Like I said, I learned a lot as time went by, including formatting my reviews and such! It's almost as funny as reading some of my earlier novels I wrote when I was 13!





23 comments:

  1. it sounds nice, I think I need my sun lol as I have it a lot here. But it sounds like a great choice as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower. :) Drop by my blog sometime? http://ebonyblacklines.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/feature-and-follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks Gorgeous! New Follower. Yay! :)
    My Hop
    Happy Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, those houses with the shops underneath look really pretty!!! They remind me of St. Augustine, Florida, the old Spanish quarter of the city. You should go there and visit! It's amazing!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an interesting backstory to your blog. And the fact that you continued until now is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by - that photo of Cedarburg reminds me of Niagara On The Lake . . . that's out quaint, old-fashioned getaway spot.

    Bob @ Beauty in Ruins

    ReplyDelete
  7. Old Follower. :-) I love that picture and downtown areas like that.

    http://readersconfession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll have to put that on my list. Looks like a fantastic place to visit!

    Old GFC follower, new Linky follower :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute looking town! Thanks for stopping by! My Follow

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hehe I loved your story about becomming a book blogger. Too cute!

    I've never been to Wisconsin, but I agree it does look like a great place to relax with a book! :)

    Old follower :)

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature
    My FF & TGIF

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there! As I have not been to Wisconsin that does sound nice :D

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    Megan Marie@Xenophobic Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  12. Grafton looks lovely, enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. For your summer getaway choice, that sounds like fun! I'm jealous that you even get to go every year!

    As for why you started your blog, I think that's an interesting story. A shame that you didn't win the book though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. it sounds lovely!! have a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know nothing of Wisconsin, but that picture looks cold and I don't do cold weather, haha. Great choice. Thanks for stopping by and I'm already following!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh yeah, you're right. Anyplace will do for a reading vacation, preferably the cooler ones. Heat is totally not hot for me, lol. My ideal vacation stop would have to have no Internet access too. :|
    I'd be too tempted to forget I'm on vacation and just, you know, do the regular, lol. I'd need my ereader, books, a healthy plug for recharge (laugh not, there are places where that's not that easy - sigh - don't get me started on icky vacation memories, lol) and I'd be set.

    I'd proooobably need some magic formula to keep family&friends silent while reading though. They get the whiny on whenever I go anywhere with them and I read, like I'm supposed to be focused only on them when we're away instead of having fun my way too. Non-bookaholics are a different species, lol.

    Loved to hear about how your book blogging started, at least you had a clear motive for it. I just started blogging randomly and ended up book blogging because I had a more to say about books and less about other stuff I guess, lol.

    Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. haha so Did you win the Rachel Vincent contest?!?!?! I do crazy thing for books too!
    Your Wisconsin picture looks nice and cozy. Don't know that I would normally choose to go there lol but I wouldn't mind. I love the beach. True that I don't want it super hot but under a nice umbrella with a drink is great!
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a great place to read :)

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Grafton looks great! Enjoy!
    Happy Weekend :)

    Old email follower (chidoryx at hotmail)

    The Muggle
    -Giveaways + Kindle Deals
    -Your Book Boyfriend – Round 1

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm also from St. Louis and I have to agree our weather is terrible. I've never been to Wisconsin but your picture makes it look nice! Have a great time there! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

    I've never been to Wisconsin but for some reason I've always wanted to go lol. Maybe someday I can con the oh so wonderful boyfriend into going with me :)

    <3
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great pick! Wisconsin sounds fantastic!!

    Thanks for hopping by for FF!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cedarburg looks nice. But you are right any quiet comfy spot will do:) Thanks for stopping by my FF.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!