May 26, 2012

Top 5 Sundays

Top 5 Sundays is a weekly blog meme created by Larissa at Larissa's Bookish Life.

Every Sunday I will post a TOP 5 list on the blog. It can be about anything and every week I'll have a new theme {You can vote on next week’s theme on my left sidebar!} and I will ad the Mr.Linky bellow the post so you can do a list with the theme and add you link to it.
Rules:
1 - Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme I chose (or was chosen on a poll) for the week.
2 - Mention this Blog on the post and link back to it.
3 - Fell free to use the Feature's image (there is a smaller size version of it bellow)
4 - After you've finished your post, add you link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post.
5 – If you don’t have a blog to post, just leave your list in the comments =)


This week's topic is: Books/Series You'd Rather Didn't Become a Movie/TV Show!


*in no particular order


OLD MAGIC

 This was one of my all time fave reads! I would be afraid a movie or TV show would just ruin it for me. The special effects likely would be bad and basically I think the movie magic would take away the "magic" of the book.


DEMON IN MY VIEW

The book that started my paranormal (vampire) obsession. Once again, I would be afraid special effects would ruin the book's magic! I looooved this one! And yes it did help that heroine was named Jessica, who was a writer, of vampire novels! ;)



THE MEDIATOR SERIES

Sorry for the small pic, I wanted to use the cover picture that I own! This was why I was so attracted to the series in the beginning, because it just looked kinda mysterious! This was one of the best paranormal young adult series I have ever read! It was one of the first ones really! And while it took longer to get to books 5 & 6 with the publishing world, I adored it! That being said, I think film might ruin it for me. And besides, can Hollywood really find the hot cowboy to play Jesse? Unlikely.


INTERTWINED (SERIES)

I think this could be good in film someway, but I just don't think it could live up to my standards! I soooo love this series. Totally dying in agony right now for the fourth book--which doesn't have any info circulating yet. I don't think any actor could live up to the characters well at all. And if they ruin Riley for me by putting the wrong actor in his role, it would kill me. Riley is freaking awesome!


THE STUDY TRILOGY

I love love love love love this series! And unfortunately I think film might ruin it. I don't think it could really capture the beauty and freaking awesomeness that is the Study Trilogy! The characters are all so wonderfully built. It is just incredible! And plus with the magic that occurs, I think special effects would ruin it too.



That being said if any of these books/series did become film--movie or TV show, I would still watch it! I would have to. But most likely I would end up bashing the film for possibly ruining an epic read! ;)




1 comment:

  1. I havent read any of theose... But I so totally understand the fear of something you love being ruined... And I m also with you that I would totally watch it as well lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!