May 25, 2012

Friday Hops

This is a weekly blog meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.

Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:
1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts and any one else you want to follow on the list
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!


This week's question is: Activity! Dream cast your current read.



MY ANSWER: Oh crap. I just finished a book yesterday and haven't started my next read yet. Well I was reading Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson. And honestly I have no idea who I would cast. I really hate this kind of game, because I don't think of celebrities when I'm reading, I have my own vision of the character, but I'll try my best.

So I am kinda of cheating here, but I did sort of picture the girl who played Tiger Lily in the Neverland mini series. Although apparently her name was Aaya. Don't recall that, but it's been a while since I watched it.

Q'oriana Kilcher would definitely be a good Tiger Lily, since she obviously played that role!

And to be totally unoriginal, I was sort of thinking of a 16 year old Jeremy Sumpter as Peter Pan. He played Peter a few years back, 03 was it? And I thought he made a good Peter Pan, so let's cast a slightly older Jeremy as Peter!


So I will leave it at that. Like I said, I don't really like this game. Celebrities never really live up to how I wanted them to play the characters I grow to love in whatever book. So since these were two of the main characters I will leave it at that. Not sure who I would want to be Tinker Bell though since she was the narrator.


I sometimes prefer having totally new to the world actors/actresses playing book characters, that way their previous work won't influence my opinion of their portrayal of the book character.



TGIF is a weekly feature created and hosted by GReads! that re-caps the week’s posts and has different question each week.


This week's question is: Show Me Your Cover: What are some of the worst book covers, but hold some of the best stories inside? Don't be embarrassed, show us your cover!


MY ANSWER: Oh this is bad. I hate bashing cover art sometimes. At least you know, making it a public bashing. Especially when someone did take the time to make the cover art. I feel bad for not liking it. Of course it has nothing to do with the author's writing. And I cannot even totally blame the cover artist. Perhaps they didn't read the book, just got some idea of the main character and the plot and came up with what they came up with.

That being said I will choose a few covers I didn't really like:
Okay, I looove the H&W Investigations Novels!! The series is just incredible! But these last two covers were just kind of blah for me. The first cover was pretty neat, but then sudden;y the cover model goes cartoony. What's up with that? I so don't like the outfit on the second book. But as I said, I LOOOOOOVE the series and the cover did get a new look this time around and it's much nicer! Hope that look stays!


These covers weren't so bad, it's just they look like a trashy vampire romance novel instead of being the killer urban fantasy novel with a little heavier romance. So yeah, when I read these in public I used my hide-a-cover because I knew my friends would never let me hear the end of it! And also, I just don't like them that much. The vampires--both good vampires--look a little too possessive of the woman they're holding. It's a little off putting for me. But again, LOOOOVE the book itself!

I think that's all for now! I could keep going, but then I would have to keep writing my paragraph explaining why I didn't care for it because I don't want to offend anyone who does like it. And I soooo don't want to offend the authors or cover artists themselves. So yeah. I'm done here. :)



17 comments:

  1. LOL @ Show Us Your Cover! That's too funny! I'd follow that meme too if I didn't already do way too many! Can't wait to read Tiger lily!
    Thanks for visiting My Hop
    Happy FF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always hate reading in public, especially if the cover is bad and/or embarassing.

    Old follower

    http://booksandcollege.blogspot.com/2012/05/follow-friday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually suck at casting, too. LOL. That's why I only picked one hottie. The book sounds lovely, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol - the covers are a little cheesy, but at least the books were fantastic.

    Tanya
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe I totally agree with you about the covers. For some reason the pictures you chose for your cast aren't showing up... :( Tiger Lily sounds really good though. I'll have to check it out.

    Old follower :)

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature
    My FF & TGIF

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting casting choices! Thanks for stopping by! My Follow

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats an awesome dream cast you came up with!!!

    (new follower)
    Please come follow me back
    -Theresa

    theresamjones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choices and book covers. lol. Thanks for visiting my FF. Old Follower. =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read Tiger Lily yet, but it looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally agree with you...even i don't think of celebrities when i read a book...

    great choices though.

    Old Follower

    Thanks for visiting my FF post here

    (to answer your question on my post ya Liam is Chris Hemsworth's younger brother)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, those are pretty awful! but, you know, in a cheesy way :) ~dixie

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG, thos first two books are sooooooooooo bad. And your right about Frost's covers. I get embarrassed by them too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You hit the nail on the head with those of the Jeaniene Frost books! I LOVE them but the covers make them seem WAY different then they are! And I agree that the Jess HAines books look a little cartoon'y but I haven't read them.

    I have Tiger Lily on the way to me, so I hope it's really good! And I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a hard time putting a face to the characters!
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jeremy Sumpter was quite good as Peter Pan.

    My follow friday. Hope you'll visit!
    New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hopping through. I agree that celebrities can't live up to the standards that are in your head. They never do for me. I think it's best to go with unknown actors.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post and I do agree! Unknown actors can sometimes really make the book become how I pictured it on the screen!

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for stopping by my blog (and commenting) even though I had such a terrible answer! :D

    Just hopping through ... I like your answer.

    Old follower! :D

    J.B.
    http://jbkantt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!