May 2, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.

What happens when happily ever after…isn’t?

Delilah is a bit of a loner who prefers spending her time in the school library with her head in a book—one book in particular. Between the Lines may be a fairy tale, but it feels real. Prince Oliver is brave, adventurous, and loving. He really speaks to Delilah.

And then one day Oliver actually speaks to her. Turns out, Oliver is more than a one-dimensional storybook prince. He’s a restless teen who feels trapped by his literary existence and hates that his entire life is predetermined. He’s sure there’s more for him out there in the real world, and Delilah might just be his key to freedom.


Delilah and Oliver work together to attempt to get Oliver out of his book, a challenging task that forces them to examine their perceptions of fate, the world, and their places in it. And as their attraction to each other grows along the way, a romance blossoms that is anything but a fairy tale.


I was actually surprised in myself for wanting to read this one! The books Jodi has written already never really appealed to me. There's no paranormal or fantasy elements going on, except this one has it!! I looooove fairy tales and this one sounds really exciting!! I've always loved the whole theme of fairy tales coming to life! Which, on a sidenote, is why I loved the mini series, The 10th Kingdom that was on in 2000!


TITLE: Between the Lines
AUTHOR: Jodi Picoult
PUBLISHER:
Simon Pulse
GENRE:
YA Fantasy
RELEASE DATE:
June 26, 2012



Try as she might, Evie can’t seem to escape her not-so-normal past. And what was supposed to be a blissfully normal school break is ruined when a massive group of paranormals shows up at her house, claiming that Evie is the only one who can protect them from a mysterious, perilous fate.

The deadly war between the faerie courts looms ever closer. The clock is ticking on the entire paranormal world. And its future rests solely in Evie’s hands.

So much for normal.

With a perfect blend of humor and suspense, Endlessly is everything readers could dream of in a conclusion—and the unexpected twists will keep them guessing until the very last page.


Another series I am excited for! I believe this is the last one too! Can't wait to see how Evie wraps up her story! I loved her character from beginning to end!!


TITLE: Endlessly
AUTHOR: Kiersten White
PUBLISHER:
HarperTeen
GENRE:
YA Paranormal
RELEASE DATE:
July 24, 2012



27 comments:

  1. Between the Lines sounds really interesting, I'm definitely going to add that to my wishlist!

    ComaCalm's WoW

    P.S Anyway you can lose the Captcha? I have like, 100 blogs to comment on and sitting around trying to type in the exact right letter is really wasting my time. Captcha isn't even needed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be interested to see what you think about the Jodi Picoult book.
    My Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read both too! I love Jodi Piccoult books so much I have read them all and I also love the Paranormalcy series and I am curious how the last book is going to go.!

    My Wow: youngadultbookhaven.blogspot.com

    your newest follower,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pick, Jessica! I read My Sister's Keeper a long time a go and really liked it. It's surprising that Jodi Piccoult choose this new genre, but I'm very interested to read Between the Lines! Endlessly is a great pick too! :)

    Thank you for stopping by my WOW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay on the first pick, Nay on the second one. I was in love with Paranormalcy, but book 2 disappointed me real bad and I don't think I'll even look at Endlessly. :(
    BTW, didn't "Between the lines" have a different cover??? Or was that a different book with the same title?

    Anywho, thanks for stopping by my WoW !

    ReplyDelete
  6. TO be honest, I have only read Mercy by Jodi Picoult and I hate it with a ferocity. I might give the author a shit in some years...

    Also, I haven't read the Paranormalcy series yet but I totally intend to dig in!

    Here's my WoW!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another Jodi Picoult book? This one looks good! Great picks and thanks for stopping by my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm usually not a Piccoult fan either, but this one sounds good! The Paranormalcy series is a favorite, and I'm quite excited about this one too. Thanks for checking out my WoW!

    Anna @ Wandering Librarians

    P.S. I love the fact that you've referenced the 10th Kingdom, I have it on DVD!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've attempted several Jodi Piccoult books and I just couldn't like them. But this one sounds so far away from her usual stuff that I think I'll give it a try.

    And can't wait for Endlessly!!!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow the first one sounds really good. And I can't wait for Endlessly either!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Between the Lines does sound good and I generally am not a huge Jodi fan either. I still need to start Paranormalcy. Great picks! My WoW is here:
    http://myneuroticbookaffair.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-522012-ask.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been super curious with the Paranormalcy series. I own the first one but haven't gotten around to reading it yet! Hopefully soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'm really surpised picoult wrote ya, i'm really interested to see what people think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm scared to admit that I've never read a Jodi Picoult book in my life. I know, I know, time to change that!
    Thank you for stopping by, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Of course I'm dying for Endlessly as well! Evie and Lend are so cute! I'm like you I stay away from Jodi Picoult because her stuff is so depressing and too real. I bought My Sister's Keeper and I have no clue why because I never read it and don't really want to lol I just always hear such amazing thins about her I wanted to give her a try so this might be it. I love the idea of the fairy tale prince coming out of his book. Thanks for visiting My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't read Picoult before, but really want to read this one. And I still need to start the series!!!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  17. I didn't know the Picoult had a fantasy book coming out! It sounds pretty good, too! I'm super excited for Endlessly. So many series have ended or are ending this year.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi there :) just popping in...

    Wow this one will be different from her normal reads I might check it out! Everything else she does makes me cry lol. Also thanks for stopping by!

    Waiting On Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am SO excited to read Between the Lines!! It sounds like the perfect read for this summer!!


    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. hotties stuck in books! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can't wait to read Endlessly! A great series.

    Thank-you for stopping by my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Endlessly looks like a book worth reading just by its cover...New follower come check me out at bookreaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds like great reads. I really loved Picoult's My Sister Keeper! :) Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both sounds great reads.....god i seriously need to read Supernaturality and Paranormalcy....

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW post here

    ReplyDelete
  25. Another Jodi Picoult book - yay!! Looks great! Hope you enjoy it and thanks for stopping by my Wow! :)

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can't believe how many people have Between the Lines on their wishlists- I feel terrible that prior to receiving it I hadn't heard of it before! But I think that it is one that you will definitely have to get Jess! It has all of these pictures in it and they are all absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm excited for Between the Lines too!
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!