May 23, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


An ancient darkness has risen from the ashes…and terror has been loosed upon an unsuspecting world.

Forensic witch Bianca Sin has never seen anything like it: homeless teenage girls torn to pieces by dark magic in the cold shadows of the city. More terrifying still is the symbol written in blood on an alley wall—the unmistakable seal of the Dark Brethren.

Teaming up with NYPD homicide detective Lancelot McManus and an elite task force headed by the shapeshifter Oberon DuPrie, Bianca knows her worse fears have finally come to pass. A new war of annihilation is looming that will plunge the worlds of vampire, shapeshifter, and human into chaos—and two adversarial tribes locked in uneasy truce will need to take up arms together to save the children. Trust will be essential for Sin and McManus, as the hunt forces them to confront their deepest terrors.

For the ultimate evil is no longer approaching.

It’s here.



I put a request for this on Edelweiss, so now I just have to wait to see if I can get it early! If not, oh well. I have plenty to read in the meantime! But Tracey's series is really interesting! I am liking how each book, so far, has different characters as the main ones! It's what I plan for my series too!


TITLE: Sin's Dark Caress
AUTHOR: Tracey O'Hara
PUBLISHER:
HarperCollins
GENRE:
Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE:
July 3, 2012



Queen Victoria rules with an immortal fist.

The undead matriarch of a Britain where the Aristocracy is made up of werewolves and vampires, where goblins live underground and mothers know better than to let their children out after dark. A world where being nobility means being infected with the Plague (side-effects include undeath), Hysteria is the popular affliction of the day, and leeches are considered a delicacy. And a world where technology lives side by side with magic. The year is 2012 and Pax Britannia still reigns.

Xandra Vardan is a member of the elite Royal Guard, and it is her duty to protect the Aristocracy. But when her sister goes missing, Xandra will set out on a path that undermines everything she believed in and uncover a conspiracy that threatens to topple the empire. And she is the key-the prize in a very dangerous struggle.


This is actually Kady Cross, writing under another name! I cannot wait to read this one!! It sounds incredible! I just cannot put into words why I am so intrigued! Only that it just sounds wicked awesome! I love these steampunk books with the paranormal elements!


TITLE: God Save the Queen
AUTHOR: Kate Locke
PUBLISHER:
Orbit
GENRE:
Steampunk (Paranormal)RELEASE DATE: July 3, 2012




20 comments:

  1. I like the sound of the first one! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. both are great selections.

    thanks for visiting my WoW here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent picks! I absolutely LOVE the sound of these and your excitement of them makes me want to read them like NOW. Thank you so much for sharing and adding to my TBR list! Have a great day! :)

    Here's mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice - God Save the Queen was actually my pick a few weeks ago . . . looks like a great read!

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally want to read God Save the Queen too!!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've developed a fondness for steampunk lately and really want to explore the genre, so God Save the Queen sounds pretty awesome.
    Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the first one! and the cover! Great picks! thanks for stopping by my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These both sound awesome! I love it when paranormal is mixed in with detective stuff, and steampunk is always win -- with paranormal, even better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. God Save the Queen looks great!! She has written under a couple of pen names lately!

    ReplyDelete
  10. God Save the Queen sounds awesome!~!

    Here is my Wow

    ReplyDelete
  11. {i'm following your blog}

    I am leaving this note to let you know that I am following you. If you aren't already following me can you please return the favor and leave a comment on my most recent entry. Please and thank you! :)

    {http://www.justonemorechapter.net}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Out of the two that you picked, I think God Save the Queen looks more my speed. Great picks, though! Both of them!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great picks! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha that second one looks so awesome! I'm going to have to add that to my TBR list. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. God Save The Queen sounds cool! I read a couple good reviews of it already! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I too am VERY excited about God Save the Queen...Thanks for stopping by!

    Megan Marie@Xenophobic Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both books sound AWESOME and I will be sure to check both of them out/add them on goodreads!!

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really want to read God Save the Queen! Great picks. Thanks for stopping by my wow:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't heard any of these books but they look good =) I hope you get them when they come out and thanks for checking out my WoW!

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books
    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hmm, God save the queen does pique the interest. Hope you get to read soon.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!