Jul 11, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


Anna Strong—kick-ass bounty hunter and vampire—has made some enemies in her time. But it’s not just her old foes she should be worried about…
Anna’s shape-shifting friend, Culebra, finally opens up to her about his life before owning Beso de la Muerte, a bar catering to supernatural clientele. As if summoned by the conversation, Culebra’s past stumbles into his bar in the form of an old buddy cashing in on a favor.

Soon Anna, Culebra and her ex, DEA agent Max, find themselves deep in Mexico, dealing with drug cartel infighting, old vendettas, and missing girls. Mexico may just prove to be Anna’s best match yet.


OMG! It's the second to last in the series! Cannot wait to see what happens! Wondering what Max is doing there too. I liked him in the beginning, but have not liked him since.



TITLE: Haunted
AUTHOR: Jeanne C. Stein
PUBLISHER:
AceGENRE: Urban FantasyRELEASE DATE: August 28, 2012



Fates unfurl in the gripping conclusion to the "New York Times" bestselling Hush, Hush saga. Nora is more certain than ever that she is in love with Patch. Fallen Angel or no, he is the one for her. Her heritage and destiny may mean that they will always be enemies, but there is no turning her back on him. And yet their biggest challenge lies ahead. Can their love survive a seemingly insurmountable divide? The lines are drawn, but it's unclear which sides have been taken. And in the end, will there be enough trust left to rebuild what has been broken?



There's always some excitement about a series finale! Of course there is heartbreak too, but I do agree that sometimes a series needs to end before it starts to drag and become unenjoyable. Looking forward to this!


TITLE: Finale
AUTHOR: Becca Fitzpatrick
PUBLISHER:
Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
GENRE:
Paranormal YA
RELEASE DATE:
October 23, 2012




32 comments:

  1. I still haven't read Silence (and I'm not 100% sure I'm going to) - I haven't overly enjoyed the Hush, Hush "saga" so far...I might wait to see what other people have to say. I do love that cover however!

    My Waiting on Wednesday

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haunted is new to me... sounds kick ass! I need to read Silence before Finale comes out! This is one series I need to finish! Awesome picks!

    My WoW picks

    ~Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, I didn't like Hush, Hush past book 2, so yeah, I'm not waiting on the Finale :(

    Thanks for stopping by My WOW this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haunted sounds exciting...enjoy! Haven't read the Hush, Hush books....

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm... I've been wondering about the Anna Strong series, and now that you mention it here, I will definitely check it out! And I haven't read the latest books in the Hush, Hush series yet, I'll just read them all back to back when Finale comes out. Can't wait!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never read either of these series, but the covers look awesome.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haunted sounds like an interesting read. I've come across that series a few times, but have yet to give it a read.

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooohhh.... I LOVE both of these covers! And Patch!*sigh* I can't wait for Finale! Awesome pick! :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haunted sounds pretty good, but I will have to skip on more Patch!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really behind on the Hush Hush series...I really need to catch up soon!!

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to read Finale, although it feels like forever since I have read the series, excited to find out how it ends!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i read the first one, it was ok, there was a lot of excitement!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Stein's books!!! I can't believe the series is ending, but I'm so excited to read the last one. Excellent choices!

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    Alyssa
    The Reader's Refuge

    ReplyDelete
  14. finale has such a pretty cover. even though i don't read the series i always appreciate the covers. great picks :)

    our WoW.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I've never heard of the first book but the cover kicks ass! And of course I LOVE me some Patch! Awesome picks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never heard of the Anna Strong series before, but she definitely looks like a badass and I love my main characters like that! I'll have to check it out. I'm waiting on Finale too. I'm still suprised theyre having a fourth, I thought it was a trilogy haha. Great picks!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haunted looks and sounds amazing! I'm gonna have to add this series to my never ending list.

    Thanks for stopping by:

    OH can you give me a hint what's in the praises? :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great picks! I can't wait for the final book in the hush hush series. My WOW: World of Books

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't read anything by either of these authors but the book by Jeanne Stein sounds interesting...love the Inigo Montoya graphic...lol

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've only read the first book in the Anna Strong series. I need to read more! Great pick!

    Kendal

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've never started either of these series, but I really want the UF one. Great picks, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These books do sound interesting!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2210

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice! Thanks, now I have two new books on my TBR list! :D

    You must have a great day too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. BTW, I absolutely love your design!
    And how do you design the 'Grab my button' button? o.O

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh Finale, I am dying to get my hands on that one as well! I just know I am going to love it. Thanks for stopping by My WoW

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  26. Finale! Yes! Totally can't wait for that one. Haven't read anything by the other author, but it sounds interesting. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am SO EXCITED for Finale! I can't believe that series is going to end! Thanks for stopping by my WOW! :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. The Anna Strong books sound like a good series - I might have to check them out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I haven't read Silence yet! (hides) I really need to catch up before Finale!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am definitely looking forward to Crescendo as well! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I still need to read the 2nd, but I enjoyed Crescendo.
    Haven't heard of the other, but I hope you get and enjoy them both really soon.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!