Jul 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.




Following the "globetrotting supernatural adventure" ("Publishers Weekly") of "Damned," the riveting conclusion to the Crusade trilogy pushes the power of love to its limits.Hope is in short supply, but courage runs deep as the Salamancan hunters recover from a devastating loss. Jenn knows she must rally her team against the Cursed Ones, but her focus is shattered. She's torn between passion for Antonio, who once fought by her side, and hate for the bloodthirsty vampire he's become. His volatility is tearing apart their team...and Jenn's trust.

As the Cursed Ones amass new strength, Team Salamanca must strike together if they hope to survive, let alone defend humanity. Jenn wants to believe Antonio's loyal to their cause--and their love--but she's slowly losing her heart to Resistance fighter Noah. And if Antonio's not careful, he may just end up with a stake in his.

This gripping conclusion to an epic trilogy pairs steamy romance with heart-stopping action, and delivers an ending as dramatic as it is unexpected.


Cannot wait to read the finale to this trilogy! Nancy and Debbie were my first duo author team! Love their books!



TITLE: Vanquished
AUTHORS: Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguie
PUBLISHER:
Simon Pulse
GENRE: Paranormal YA
RELEASE DATE: August 28, 2012



From the author of The New York Times bestselling series that began with First Grave on the Right—a thrilling Young Adult novel garnering high praise and early buzz from major authors.

Ten years ago, Lorelei's parents disappeared without a trace.  Raised by her grandparents and leaning on the support of her best friends, Lorelei is finally beginning to accept the fact that her parents are never coming home.  For Lorelei, life goes on.

High school is not quite as painful as she thinks it will be, and things are as normal as they can be.  Until the day the school's designated loner, Cameron Lusk, begins to stalk her, turning up where she least expects it,  standing outside her house in the dark, night after night.  Things get even more complicated when a new guy—terrifying, tough, sexy Jared Kovach—comes to school.  Cameron and Jared instantly despise each other and Lorelei seems to be the reason for their animosity.  What does Jared know about her parents?  Why does Cameron tell Jared he can't have Lorelei?  And what will any of them do when Death comes knocking for real? 

Thrilling, sassy, sexy, and inventive, Darynda Jones's first foray into the world of teens will leave readers eager for the next installment.



Again, sooo cannot wait for this one! Curious to see Darynda's YA style! But I am practically positive that I will love it as much as her adult books! Still need to read the last 2!


TITLE: Death and the Girl Next Door
AUTHOR: Darynda Jones
PUBLISHER:
St. Martin's Press
GENRE: Paranormal YA
RELEASE DATE: October 2, 2012



 

45 comments:

  1. Yes, Death and the Girl Next Door! Oh wow. This sounds absolutely AMAZING! I'm definitely adding it to my TBR and so checking it out as soon as it's released - thank you for sharing! :)

    Here's mine:
    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday-30.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for Death and the Girl Next Door - love Darynda's adult series!

    Our WoW is at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Death and the girl next door looks great! I haven't read any book from Nancy Holder before, but I have them on my TBR list! Great picks :D

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday-16-lilith.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read both of these,Death And The Girl Next Door sounds really good.
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These all look excellent and great. Great haul. Come visit me as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read Death And the Girl Next Door But, I haven't read The Wicked series or heard of it so, I might just have to check it out!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Kristin Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm excited for Death and the Girl Next Door, too. I'm usually not a fan of so many people on a cover doing nothing, but the girl looks fierce and the guys are hot, so I'm kind of in love with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The blurb for Death and the Girl Next Door sounds great - definitely adding it to my TBR list.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great picks. They both look amazing.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=2707

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait for Death and the Girl Next Door. I first saw it on GoodReads and was instantly excited.

    - Alex
    Breakfast At Bookland and Cupcakes and Literature

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the name Lorelei! It's so pretty! I'm definitely going to have to check out Death and the Girl Next Door.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    Kelly
    Radiant Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooo I had no idea Darynda Jones was coming out with a YA book! YES! Can't wait:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Death and the Girl Next Door sounds very interesting. I have not read anything by Darynda before. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both of these books sounds really interesting, will have to check them out :) Great picks, thanks for sharing!

    New Follower!
    xoxo, Mariam @Book-A-Holic

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't heard of this one, but it sure sounds good! Just not too sure about the stalking part, haha. ;) Thanks for sharing!

    Meg | Check out my WoW?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Death and the girl Next Door sounds like it could be really interesting.

    Sandy
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  17. fun picks! i'm especially interested on the first one.

    Our WoW.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  18. Vanquished looks super good! Great picks :D Thanks for stopping by my WOW Jessica :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Vanquished cover looks great! This is another series I haven't started yet. I have a feeling I'll never make dent on my reading list.

    I can't wait until Death and the Girl Next Door. It sounds like it's going to be epic!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great WoW picks. Never heard of these before. Will have to check them out. Thanks for sharing and visiting My WoW Post
    Michael @ The Bookshelf Review

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing covers! Great pick, Vanquished sounds amazing :)

    Old Follower
    Here's my WoW: http://www.yabookseasons.blogspot.com/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both books are great choices - and yeah I'm curious as to how Darynda will do in the YA genre.

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  23. These both look tempting! Enjoy...and here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  24. You always pick some of the best books for WoW! This look excellent, and I haven't heard of either of them. Thanks for sharing! And thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I haven't heard of the Crusade Trilogy. Sounds really good. BTW added your button to my blog.

    Kendal

    ReplyDelete
  26. Death and the Girl Next door sounds great! I have had her adult series for a while now but haven't read them.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have been wanting to read the Crusade trilogy for awhile. Great pick!

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Totally digging your Inigo pic! :D Great picks today! Check out My WOW?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, I haven't seen the cover for Vanquished until now. I love it! This series is still on my TBR pile, I hope I get to start reading it by the time the conclusion comes out.
    Ohhh and Death and the Girl Next Door!!! I'm so super excited about this one too! I'm very curious about Darynda's YA style. I still need to read the last book in her adult series as well.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I haven't started the Crusade trilogy yet but it is on my radar and I really want to read Death and The Girl Next Door as well. Great picks!
    Thanks for stopping by My Neurotic Book Affair

    ReplyDelete
  31. Both are on my TBR list. I can't wait!

    My WoW: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/#!/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday-30-dark-light.html

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm super excited for Death and the Girl Next Door. I love Darynda Jones' adult series so I'm hoping I will love this as well. Sounds awesome too! Vanquished sounds good too. I hadn't heard of that series. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I won Damned in a giveaway and I have yet to read Cursed but seeing this motivates me to start the series!

    Here's my WoW post.

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  34. Vanquished sounds awesome!! I will be sure to add it on goodreads :)

    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday-54.html

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great pick! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great picks! Both sounds great! Thanks for stopping by My WoW

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  37. Nice picks! I haven't read the them, but I've heard some pretty good things about Death and the Girl Next Door!
    Thanks for stopping by my WoW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Fantastic picks! Really like the sound of Death and the girl next door! Thanks for stopping by My WOW!
    =D

    ReplyDelete
  39. I like your choices! Especially Death and the Girl Next Door! Sounds fantastic :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Vanya D. @ YA Story Teller

    ReplyDelete
  40. I am terribly excited about Darynda Jones's YA debut! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Haven't heard of either, so thanks for spotlighting. Hope you get to read it soon.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oooh, I have Crusade, but haven't had a chance to read it yet! I hadn't seen the new one yet! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!