Jul 7, 2019

Stacking the Shelves

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality.


Well this week was mostly tolerable! Lol. I took a vacation day Friday so I didn't have to have Thursday off and then go back to work for the last day of the week. Total buzz kill. I had an interview on Monday after work that went okay, but then the traffic I had to deal with afterwards was dreadful. It didn't help that it was "dinnertime" and I was so hungry my limbs were shaky as I was driving/scooching forward in dead stop traffic. Not sure if that job will be a winner as I don't want to deal with that kind of traffic every night on my way home. Need to locate better so I can avoid that highway that I am already stuck on. Sigh...then I'm also having a bit of snafu while trying to order some books, it's hard since they're from another country and communication is all by email. Still awaiting the latest response to my response to the problem at hand.

Bookwise things weren't too bad! I think I forgot to include my Fairy Loot box like two weeks ago? I think it came when I got back from my vacation two weeks ago, so somewhere in that scuffle I forgot about it! Lol. And I still haven't taken a picture of it, probably won't be doing those this month, as it is, I'm still not feeling the creative juices for picture taking, though I sorely need to take some!

Anyways, here's what I got this week:

Protect the Prince by Jennifer Estep--keeper copy
The Odd Sisters by Serena Valentino--need to read the rest of this series. I read the Beast's book, not realizing it was a series to read in order, so I'll eventually go back and read the rest in the right order and have them all properly lined up!


Then in some trades I received:

Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson--I fell in love with the purple cover, so I bought the majority of the box from a fellow trader from the hashtag!


THANK YOU Irka!


I added The Hermit and Temperance to my Fairy Loot tarot deck, then having a moment of fret, I ended up buying them from the shop too, as I guess I wanted to be sure I had a pair that wouldn't be damaged, you can never trust mail transit...so I'll basically have an extra undamaged set! Lol!


THANK YOU Juliana!



And that was it for me this week! What did you all get?






 

8 comments:

  1. Great new additions! I just finished Protect the Prince! I loved it as much as the first one! :D

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haul, Jessica :)
    And I hope you'll find a job where traffic won't be part of the equation.
    Have a wonderful week ahead and happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookworms

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your job hunt! Have you thought about moving to find a job or is that not feasible? I would hate that kind of traffic and is probably why I would never live in a bigger city...lol.

    Have a great week and happy reading!
    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  4. As much as I complain about the train, there is a lot less stress associated with it than if I drove. I hate traffic, and I feel for you. I hope some opportunities in better locations present themselves soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Sorcery of Thorns. Hope you enjoy it too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I took a vacation day on Friday too. I did not want to go back and deal with work and felt like I needed a 4 day weekend! Commutes around here can be such a pain. I hope you find the right job close to home very soon. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crossing my fingers that you get that call-back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a better week this week. Hope the job search goes well and you find one in just the right location for you!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!