Jul 16, 2019

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page

3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"He didn't answer, simply closed the distance between them, curled his hand around the nape of her neck, and pulled her forward into the softest kiss he had ever given her. It lasted only a moment, but they stayed close, heads bent together, lips a whisper away." Kindle loc. 11%*


*Quote comes from the eARC, therefore it and its location are not final.









TITLE: Rage
AUTHOR: Cora Carmack
PUBLISHER: Tor Teen
GENRE: YA Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: August 27, 2019 




Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.


This week's topic is: Top Ten *Nearly* Auto-Buy Authors 


*yes, I amended the topic just a bit. While I generally do buy every book from a favorite author, there are times when they write a book that's just not my genre, so I will pass on buying that particular book. Hence the "nearly."

**in no particular order


10. KELLEY ARMSTRONG--while I am behind on some of her books, I buy pretty much all of them, minus the MG books and some of the novellas and short stories because omg, it's hard keeping up with her! Lol!
9. DARYNDA JONES--I LOOOVED her Charley Davidson series! I read her YA one too and liked it just as much! I'm curious about her new book coming out that's not paranormal, but still mystery, so I might be giving it a try since it's Darynda!
8. LEIGH BARDUGO--haven't read a book by her yet that I didn't enjoy! King of Scars & Ninth House pending...lol.


 
7. RACHEL VINCENT--I've loved pretty much every single book she's written! I still have one duology and a Wildcats book to read though, I am positive that I will love them though! 
6. CHLOE NEILL--Chloe's been a fun author to follow! I loooved her Chicagoland Vampires series! Her spinoff took off on a great start and her YA series was also really fun!
5. JULIE KAGAWA--I love Julie's books too! I might struggle a bit with her current series since I keep reading that on my kindle and that makes knowing abut the glossary disastrous, but still enjoy her books all the same!


4. JEANIENE FROST--I looove Jeaniene's books too! I still need to finish off one her trilogies and read Ian's book, but I was holding off on that until closer til the second one's release...just in case! Lol.
3. JENNIFER L. ARMENTOUT--another one I adore! I love all of her books (that I've read! Which was pretty much all of them except her contemporaries, since again, I don't read that genre!)!
2. MARIA V. SNYDER--another author I've adore since the beginning! Though getting her latest books has been a challenge as her US publisher passed on it and I've had to order them from Australia! Her latest book is still in transit to me (at the time of writing this).


1. STEPHANIE GARBER--though she has only the one trilogy at the moment, I am positive that Stephanie is going to be an autobuy author for life!! I just hope my wallet can afford it all! LOL!





 

  

14 comments:

  1. I'd knew I'd find lots of familiar authors on your list - which is great! I can't believe I forgot to add Kelley Armstrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That teaser sounds so great!! I should definitely pick up that series. Thanks for sharing!

    Jamie @ Books and Ladders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rage sounds like a very interesting book.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll forever buy anything written by Leigh Bardugo.

    Happy readings! ;)
    Tânia @MyLovelySecret

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to read Rachel Vincent's books ages ago. She's come up with some pretty creative storylines.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A post with all female authors, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel Vincent- yup haha! I've read just enough of her books to know I want to read more lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Garber's debut series was a hit for me. I will definitely be back for me. I am huge Iron Fey and Soul Screamers fan too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh how do you feel about Rage so far? I finished it like a month ago and still haven’t written a review.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so love the Rage teaser! I cannot wait to read it when it comes out. Some of these I auto-buy like JLA, others depends on the book like RV.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm totally with you on Stephanie Garber! I can't wait to see what she writes next!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Kelley Armstrong's Rockton series. UF isn't my genre, so I stay away from her books in that vein. I'm also really looking forward to her new book. It sounds awesome!

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many authors I love on this list! None of them are autobuys for me though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So with you on JLA and Jeaniene Frost! Love Rachel Vincent as well! And I'm behind on Leigh Bardugo books but I have loved what I have read from her.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!