Jul 3, 2019

Waiting on Wednesday

Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings, to spotlight and discuss the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine



“The Little Mermaid” takes a twisted turn in this thrilling sequel to villainess origin story Sea Witch, as the forces of land and sea clash in an epic battle for freedom, redemption, and true love.

Runa will not let her twin sister die. Alia traded her voice to the Sea Witch for a shot at happiness with a prince who doesn’t love her. And his rejection will literally kill her—unless Runa intervenes.

Under the sea, Evie craves her own freedom—but liberation from her role as Sea Witch will require an exchange she may not be willing to make. With their hearts’ desires at odds, what will Runa and Evie be willing to sacrifice to save their worlds?

Told from alternating perspectives, this epic fairy tale retelling is a romantic and heart-wrenching story about the complications of sisterhood, the uncompromising nature of magic, and the cost of redemption.


I was really excited that Sea Witch was having a sequel! I wanted to see more after the events that happened that led to Evie becoming the Sea Witch! So I'm excited for this one!


TITLE: Sea Witch 
AUTHOR: Sarah Henning
PUBLISHER: Katherine Tegen Books
GENRE: Fairy Tale Retelling
RELEASE DATE: August 6, 2019 





 

17 comments:

  1. I didn't know Sea Witch has a sequel! Though of course, I still need to read it :) But I love this synopsis, and the cover is beautiful.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that you get to continue a story you enjoyed. Hope it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her covers they are do beautiful. I really enjoyed Sea Witch, it was so fairytale like. Definitely getting this one

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting that Sea Witch has a sequel! I hope you enjoy this one. Thanks for sharing!

    Jamie @ Books and Ladders

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, the cover is pretty!! <3 I still need to read the first book though xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cover, I really love the mermaid twist. Thanks for sharing. I need to read these.

    Here's my WOW. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been wanting to read The Sea Witch, and this sounds so good too! I hope you enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know Sea Witch was going to be a series. I hope you enjoy reading this, Jessica!
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's always exciting when a book you love ends up getting a sequel! Hope you'll love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah I'm so behind still, I really need to read Sea Witch still! I thought it was just going to be a standalone, so this is exciting. I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh! What a beautiful cover! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. I liked Sea Witch but I didn't know it was going to be a series! I hope you enjoy this one when it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I still really need to read the first book, but I have both of these on my list to read. I hope you love it!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  14. Never expected this to get a sequel but I am really curious to see where it goes!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!