Jun 18, 2023

Stacking the Shelves

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality


Well another week has come and gone! Once again, nothing really special happened. Which is just kind of blah. I keep waiting on fall events to be announced so I can maybe take a trip for myself somewhere. I have a mini vacation coming up next weekend that is so far my only actual vacation planned! A multi-author trip would be fun, but alas, I have not found anything yet. It's still too soon for fall events I guess. Sigh. I also had a helluva time trying to get my B&N preorders that should've arrived yesterday and the problem with their lateness is that I was trying to test a possibility of my being able to pick the books up at the post office on Friday morning as there's a far away signing I'm thinking of attending next month but my preorders of her books wouldn't arrive until the day of signing. But I could in theory pick them up at the PO if I knew they were there early that morning and give them a call. But sadly, my books were sent to freaking Iowa for reasons unknown after they landed in MO, so I couldn't test my theory. I can possibly test it again next week, but if THIS happens again, I am just SOL. So what I'm thinking I will have to do is buy the editions at B&N during the week, then return what will theoretically be my "unsigned" ones when I come back the next day. I hate doing that, but it is likely my best course of action should my books go awry again.



Here's what I got this week:


Part of Your World by Liz Braswell, Stephanie Kate Strohm, & Kelly & Nichole Matthews
Legends and Liars by Morgan Rhodes--
these first two books here were from the B&N preorder sale!
The Cherished by Patricia Ward--
then I had to order books from Target's B2G1 sale! This first order I bought these 2, plus a preorder, which I love that those count for the sale!
The Daughter of Doctor Moreau by Silvia Moreno-Garcia


Demons of Good and Evil by Kim Harrison--I sadly didn't have time for the ARC this year, but still had to get a SIGNED copy since all my books are signed to date by her! Hopefully next year I can attend one of her tour stops...also hoping she goes to more than 1 place too!


Then I got the Fairy Loot Adult book this month and it was kind of meh. I wasn't all that excited for the title but am trying to keep my subscription to at least October to see if they do anything of the paranormal type, but I will have to wait and see. Only 4 months to go!




And that was it for me this week! What did you get?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!