Nov 13, 2023

Let's Discuss: Travel Limits

 

Over the past 3 weeks, I made 3 separate roadtrips. Long, long, roadtrips to meet a favorite author. Whether for the first time or the upteenth time I decided I wanted to go and the drive, while long was manageable. But it made me wonder...how far are you willing to travel to meet a favorite author?


Travel Limits


Honestly, for me, it's totally drive-able if it's less than 5 hours one way! I can wake up early and get to wherever I need to be a decent hour, hang out wherever it is until the signing happens and then get back int the car and drive home. I lose sleep of course. Sometimes vacation days are needed, if it's a weekend day though that's preferable because I have that extra day to try to catch up on the sleep!

Though ironically, I was thinking of making a 12+ hour drive to Yallfest this year. But then I ended up scoring the impossible tickets to Rebecca Yarros for that same Saturday and figured the 4 hour trip one way sounded better! Flights to Charleston are so pricey, then I have to add in luggage fees, transportation fees and that's on top of the hotel which I couldn't find anyone going who wanted to bunk up. So with a heavy heart I passed despite there being a few authors going I was DYING to see. Getting an impossible ticket for Rebecca was a fantastic substitute though!

So yeah...basically I am pretty much willing for any kind of trip if it's an author I really want to see! Distance does matter, if it's not completely drive-able I have to factor in; how many books of this author do I have unsigned? Have I met them yet? And what day of the week is it? Will vacation time be necessary? All sorts of things factor in to help me make my decisions. Honestly, if it's drive-able though I pretty much go all in! And if it's a weekend day, I am totally ALL IN! Lol. 

But yeah, I feel like my driving limit for one day trips where I go and come back all in one tired day is about 5 hours one way. That's about the most I can handle and thankfully since I work from home I can kind of be disheveled and lazy looking and no one will know! Lol.

Do you have limits on how far you will travel to see a most favorite author? Whether you've met them once or...more than once, lol.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!