Nov 14, 2023

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

 

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

 

This teaser made me laugh pretty early on! Because anytime anything related to oceans gets mentioned, my brain automatically goes to the second example! Lol. For context, the two teenagers are talking about the semester aboard on ship!

 

"'Sure, where do you want me to start? The whole drowning thing? Jaws? Portuguese man-of-wars, the bends, the Mariana Trench, actual pirates--'" p 9


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TITLE: Those We Drown
AUTHOR: Amy Goldsmith

PUBLISHER: Delacorte Press
GENRE: YA Supernatural Thriller
RELEASE DATE: June 27, 2023



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. 


This week's topic is: Top Ten Mainstream Authors that I Still Have Not Read (submitted by Rissa)



*in no particular order
**for this one I took mainstream to mean "what popular authors do I still need to read for the first time around," so I looked at authors in my genre who I saw/see a lot of buzz over who I still need to read!
***it's quite possible some of these authors might not fit the "popular" bill, but these are ones I remember seeing a lot of at some point in time and I added a book of theirs to my TBR pile. So while they may not quite be the same definition of "popular" as the big NYT Bestsellers List, I just kind of went with my own version of "popular" aka mainstream. I might be totally off based, but when I chose authors I was hearing a lot of, they were ones I had zero intention of reading as they did not write my genre.


10. LEXI RYAN
9. MARA RUTHERFORD
8. VANESSA LEN



7. LYNDALL CLIPSTONE
6. KATHRYN PURDIE
5. NATASHA PRESTON



4. WENDY HIGGINS
3. PINTIP DUNN
2. BELLA HIGGIN



1. ALI HAZELWOOD--special case here, Ali is one of those authors I see and hear a lot about but her books have always been contemporary so I ignored them, but then I heard about her next release and was immediately intrigued!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!