May 12, 2024

Stacking the Shelves

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality.

 

It was another week. Honestly, I don't remember most of it! Work continues to be the usual. We're in the slow season so that makes working on my internship thingy easier! Not really sure what to call it, I mean it has a program name but I feel like it would be hard to describe to people outside the company! Lol. Basically it's a program that can hopefully help me develop skills and show upper management that I am ready to take on new tasks and possibly a new position that would pay me a wee bit more and just continue opening those doors! In an exceedingly RARE and SHOCKING occurrence this week, my preorders actually arrived ON TIME! Yes! For the second time this year my preorders from B&N actually arrived during RELEASE WEEK! I was literally shocked when I got the first email telling me the book I REALLY wanted to read was out for delivery, I was like are you pulling my leg? Then I checked tracking on the other one and it said Monday and I was like UGH!!! But then I saw a package being delivered for Friday that I could not identify and when the mail came it was MY BOOK!! So that was fun! I mean, it's sad that I say getting my B&N preorders on time is fun. They should always be on time. I pay money for the faster shipping and yet every other time this year, media mail would've been faster!

 

Anyway, here's what I got this week:

 

Sweet Nightmare by Tracy Wolff
Disturbing the Dead by Kelley Armstrong
Butcher & Blackbird by Brynne Weave--
a total impulse purchase! I was at Target too long by myself looking at the BOGO book sale and I ended up choosing this one and...
The Serpent & The Wings of Night by Carissa Broadbent--
another impulsive choice! I recently saw a fan art that got me curious about the series so when I saw Target had it, into the basket it went!



Fourth Wing by Rebecca Yarros--FL reprint edition. Sadly, this came unsigned. I don't remember FL telling us in advance an issue came at printing and the digital signature was not included. I do have a book plate I plan to use. Sadly again, when I tried to order another one with Rebecca's sale on Friday, they sold out while I was in line to check out and naturally that meant my cart got emptied by the time it was my turn. That's what I get for using my phone I guess, but plans with my parents got a bit delayed due to reasons so we were out when I had hoped we would be home. Oh well, hopefully she'll do a third sale and I can try to be home then!



And that was it for me this week! What did you get?

Also, Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!