Aug 11, 2024

Stacking the Shelves--Last Week's Releases Edition

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality.

 

Well, another week has gone by. Ironically, the day I was set to message B&N and ask where my books were because this is ridiculous service they are providing, they showed up on my Informed Delivery from USPS. Over a week from the release date, but they arrived finally. Seriously, a media mail book that shipped AFTER they did, arrived first. That's how you know B&N is doing something WRONG! Otherwise the week was uneventful. My signing was canceled and I am still waiting for word of a rescheduled date. 3 cities have been rescheduled but we have not yet. Still hoping that we get a real signing and not the dreaded virtual event after I purchased the book with the store. But yeah. Not much else happened this week. We are getting busier at work, so it's definitely that time of year!

 

Here's what I got this week:

 

Our Wicked Histories by Amy Goldsmith
Kill the Beast by Serena Valentino



Then a Fairy Loot Special Edition arrived as well, they showed this cover off already, so it's not a spoiler and I won't share the interior details, but I did want to show off the awesome edges!


The Undermining of Twyla and Frank by Megan Bannen--Fairy Loot edition



Then my preorder incentive for The Darkness Within Us arrived:



THANK YOU Fierce Reads!!



Then I did some shopping at a few small business shops over the weekend. I truly didn't mean to buy anything when I popped in but once you see what I found, you'll get it! lol.


First up was this cute little birdhouse made to look like a miniature haunted house! I just thought it was so cute and creepy and I wanted to have it! Lol.



Then I bought this little crochet ghost! I really want to learn how to crochet just to make these cute little things! I've been wanting something spooky-ish without truly terrifying myself and this little guy was perfect!



Then next to this store above that a bunch of artists sell their wares was this resell shop. I pop in from time to time but never really saw anything...until this weekend! And as I contemplated it for all of 2 minutes, the store owner commented that she already had 2 inquires into this piece so I was glad I bought it!


It's a metal wall piece made to look like a bookshelf with books! It was pretty nice material and I kept staring at it and it was only $22 I think? So I thought why not? I didn't think I could wait til the next go around where the price decreases and after hearing there were previous inquires, I am glad I bought it! Now I just need a house to hang it in! Lol.



And lastly, which ironically was bought first on this shopping day from above I bought this spooky tote bag from TJ Maxx because I couldn't resist. Plus I found a dime on the ground by the rack, so I felt like that was a sign from my late grandfather telling me to just buy it! :D




And that was it for me this week! Basically just the books I should've received last week! Lol, but I did get some nice goodies from the week as well! Today's me is happy, but future me might not like that cc bill! What all did you get?








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!